Axail's 23mm/17mm wheel wrench

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bankrupter

Yesterday I was in a pinch. I had gone to the track and left my wheel wrench on the table. I went into the shop to see if I could just use one and they only had one to buy so out goes 22 bucks!! First its way over priced... Now lets get to the point of this post. I went to tighten up my pro-line 23's and... well nothing. Being inside a half inch offset rim, I couldn't see what was wrong. So I tossed it in my gear bag and whet on a mission to find someone with one I could use and I did. I got the POS home pulled off the rims to find my 23 nut would not even fit in the wrench. So I have another 23 set by Dynamite and same thing pos wrench! so I grabbed 1 of my 9mm offsets that have the 17 mm nut and yep you guessed it This wrench is JUNK! it does not fit anything and stay away from it.....

Anyone want a 22 dollar chunk-O-junk? :duh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer deal man. I would call Axial about that if I was you. Maybe it was a bad batch they sent out or something.

Well I just bought one last week over the net. It is on its way to me right now. I hope I have a better experience with it.

Nick, please let us know your thoughts once it arives.

Bank-Sorry to hear your woes on the Axial Wrench and spending the $22 on it.

Bummer deal man. I would call Axial about that if I was you. Maybe it was a bad batch they sent out or something.

I called the guy at the shop and he said thats the 2nd one like that he's sold.
I got the sorry yada yada and he will take it back store credit. I'll put it on a case of fuel when Bryon's gets the next batch done.... :duh:

I like using my 1/4" sockets and a driver adapter - all the sizes I need, deep or shallow, whenever.

Nice tag there Bank... ya copy cat!
:slapped:

i had a similar problem today as well. I bought crappy integy 17mm/23mm wrench for my 40 series wabash rims (17mm) and the damn thing is too short to screw in the nut arggghhh $18.95 down the drain.

I like using my 1/4" sockets and a driver adapter - all the sizes I need, deep or shallow, whenever.

Nice tag there Bank... ya copy cat!
:slapped:

Sorry moto. I never read yours.... At least I left Thorin's name in it. But you did change three words lmao. Ill dump it! +1 on real tools. I use all snap on! I do not other than post owning that POS use any junk tools all these after market places sell. I do have a few odd things not snap-on but at least them are crapsmen! My 23mm wrench is back to a half inch drive socket.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on real tools. I use all snap on! I do not other than post owning that POS use any junk tools all these after market places sell. I do have a few odd things not snap-on but at least them are crapsmen!

real tools? I'm getting a 50% discount on strap-on tools, and I'm only getting the impact socket set. ill stick to my craftsman as long as there is a sears right down the street. sorry bank, but you can keep your snap-off products! :resp:

real tools? I'm getting a 50% discount on strap-on tools, and I'm only getting the impact socket set. ill stick to my craftsman as long as there is a sears right down the street. sorry bank, but you can keep your snap-off products! :resp:

My crapsman set is more complete than my snap on. But I handed it down to my boy. Only thing snap I like more are the ALL<---!!! 12 point stuff. And screw drivers.

So do you have any thoughts on the after market tools for models?

The Ultimate Snap-On Pit Box
tacowagon.jpg

I use Snap-on everything for my savage with the exception of a few Wiha ball hex keys. I don't get a discount though on snap-on, I just pay my cost. I guess there is a benefit to having your family own 5 franchises!

Latest posts

Members online

Back