AUX channel-> On/Off for Fan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Javage

I'm wanting to use my AUX channel to turn on/off my fan. When wired up using 2 wires(neg/pos) it runs the fan fine, but I want to be able to switch it ON and OFF.

Is there any way to use the 3rd servo signal wire to make it so I can simply switch the fan On/Off via transmitter?

Radio is Speky DX3S, if that matters.

There is a way to do this. I just can't remember how. My Bro uses the 3rd channel to turn on/off light on his Baja. I will try to ask him how he did it and let you know, unless someone else beats me to it.

yeah i understand your tryin to control your fan, but I'm curious as to why you'd want to shut it off?

i assume your talking about the fan on the flux esc? is that right?

what is the benefit of turning it off?

Ok now we're on the same page. . .
I have a nitro with a fresh body, only hole is for the engine and would like to keep from cutting it up, so I'm trying out a fan idea- and would like to control the fan to see what kind of difference it makes.

RS4 same idea except use it for turning ON/OFF the lights.

Ok now we're on the same page. . .
I have a nitro with a fresh body, only hole is for the engine and would like to keep from cutting it up, so I'm trying out a fan idea- and would like to control the fan to see what kind of difference it makes.

ok, gotcha. let us know how it works out. take some pic ;)

you need to get a relay so that you can use your radio for the I/O do to the fan only has 2 wires (neg/pos) and the 3rd wire i believe is a signal transfer wire (not sure wat its called lol) but you would need a relay for it to work either way unless you run a seperate batt for the fan with a simple I/O switch

ya it kinda hurts when you have a custom painted body or something and have to cut it up!!

Question - any way you could do a passive cooling system that would channel air instead of making something complicated and has the potential to fail with mud, sand, etc?

Just a thought.

Bob

Picco switch looks good, but at $20 not sure if its worth it. . .

Also the size may be an issue(for the RS4, Savage will have plenty of room).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back