At Polystyrene's request...LOL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k0m0d067

here are some pics of my ongoing projects...

First up is my Behemoth Alloy Beastie...still waiting on new shocks, servos, linkages, and figuring out how the hell to install that huge mill...

5219behemoth1.JPG

8507behemoth2.JPG

4338behemoth3.JPG

280behemoth4.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Second is my Racer Project...not really much to see here yet, as it's mostly stock with an upgraded steering servo, Nova Racing shock towers, Dual Disk Brake set, fully adjustable suspension, and a few bits I still haven't installed (or purchased...LOL)...this projects still needs some upgrades before I'm happy with it...got a brand new piston and sleeve that I'm going to p&p over the winter...

9338racer1.JPG

9583racer2.JPG

8136racer4.JPG

And lastly (not sure why he wanted see this, since it's still on the drawing board in my head) are a bunch of random parts slated to go under the cutter and torch (or laser welder ;) ) as part of my Hideously Ugly (probably) Truck'N'Stein project...in my head, it will have dual steering, dual motors, and be slightly longer than a truckzilla conversion...

7117truckNstein1.JPG

2766truckNstein3.JPG

7256truckNstein2.JPG

1281truckNstein4.JPG

thanks...i'm pretty proud of that one...built from the ground up over the past few months...just hope I can figure a way to mount the .46 in her without having to hack on the chassis...

sweet, just be carful with those body posts they bend easily. one or two good flips they can get all messed up other than that that truck is pure sweetness.

if I had to hazard a guess, I'm fairly certain that everything you see above, plus a new spektrum dx3.0 and a bunch of other parts not shown in the pics above all have come in WELL under 2 grand...that's for 2 complete trucks (one being the alloy beauty you see in the first post) and almost enough spares for a 3rd...

sweet, just be carful with those body posts they bend easily. one or two good flips they can get all messed up other than that that truck is pure sweetness.

thanks for the warning...but if I don't get the mill installed, the odds are against it flipping...LOL

I have an alloy savy thats in 2500 dollar range. i just can't help myself when it comes to shiny things. LOL

post some pics!! I appreciate Alloy Savages!! as do alot of the others here...show her off!!!

I could have gone farther, and added alloy skids and bumpers, but, since I don't want this to become a shelf queen, I kept them plastic, since they will be taking most of the abuse...still contemplating the mid-tank/throttle mod, and losing the plastic battery/radio box, but for now I'm happy with the way it's coming along...

great now i get to figure out how to use the camera:duh: ill probably be able to post a couple tomorrow.

you can get alloy battery boxes and fuel tanks. the most abuse will be at the shock towers and lowers arms. the bumper and skids shouldnt be a bother to upgrade to alloy.

nice looking though. shiiiiiiiiiney

What is the issue you are having mounting the HB .46 on that chassis?? Exhaust outlet to low it hits the tvp?

What is the issue you are having mounting the HB .46 on that chassis?? Exhaust outlet to low it hits the tvp?

I can't slide the engine/clutch bell sideways enough to line up with the spur gear...the motor mount, and part of the backplate, hits the chassis...I think I'll be able to modify the engine mount to fit...I hope...

quick question...found some insanely small savage spur gears...this might help me with my engine mounting problem...plus it will help my high torque from the .46 into better speed...it's a 44 tooth...anyone else ever try one of these?? it says it's only compatible with a 3 speed tranny for some reason...anyone know why that'd be?

I beleive that the 44 tooth spur that you are finding is the replacement gear that goes inside the 3-speed tranny not the drive spur.

you are, of course, correct...so the smallest one I can get is a 47?

Yes as far as I know the 47 is the smallest spur gear for a savage. You might be able to mod a different spur gear to work on the savage, it would take some figuring and trail and error, but I think something could be made. ;)

Yes as far as I know the 47 is the smallest spur gear for a savage. You might be able to mod a different spur gear to work on the savage, it would take some figuring and trail and error, but I think something could be made. ;)

UPDATE: turns out a Revo slipper clutch and spur gear should mount with a little modification...gotta open the hole slightly, and widen the slot that the pin sits in...will keep you posted, and get more pics when it's all mounted...

a 34 tooth spur should open up the .46's lazy top end I hope...

i just built a revo centre gearbox today and i would say that your right the hole will need widening

you might have a problem with the length of the slipper plate and spur gear assembly for the revo as i reckon it is longer. i can compare the 2 tonight after work and give dimensions

nope...I have both tranny's sitting here in front of me...the Revo slipper assembly IS longer, but the area where the cross pin sits is recessed farther into the back of it...I did alot of comparison last night, and am pretty sure the length won't be a problem...just the hole size, and pin size...

the alloy one is the dogs i would be afraid to drive it incase i scuffed it
it would be ashame to have to hack the chasis up to fit the engine might it not be worth putting that engine in something else and polishing up a smaller engine that will look sick all shiny like the rest of the car
good job anyway
:DJjam:

nah...won't have to hack the chassis...the Revo spur gear will solve that...and all the .46 needs as far as looks is a nicer heatsink...might have to see about making a custom one...LOL

it would be nice to polish the crankcase and have that relly shiny as well as a fancy heatsink don't you think !!

maybe...later...right now I just wanna get the damn thing assembled...LOL just ordered the Revo slipper clutch...once it shows up, and I have it modded, it should be all downhill from there...

i agree pictures and vids are the best parts cause all of use on here get to see what everybody is doing on their trucks and to give us an ideal of what we might like to do to our trucks.

Latest posts

Members online

Back