Are The Newest Savage Flux HP Trucks Fully Water-Proof?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jm77

I just purchased a Savage Flux HP a couple months ago and while looking at my ESC, I noticed that the sticker on it says waterproof. On the HPI website, there is no mention of waterproof anywhere in regards to this truck. So I am wondering if anyone knows if the newest Savage HP's are all waterproof. I find it odd that HPI would not mention this on the website in the Savage HP product page. Years ago when I got back into RC's, I was debating with myself whether to get a HPI Flux Firestorm, or the Traxxas Bandit/Stampede model. What made the decision for me to go with Traxxas back then was the waterproofing. So it is odd to me that HPI would not at least mention that their newest models come with a waterproof ESC!

Anyways, since HPI doesnt mention the ESC being waterproof, does anyone know if the entire truck is now waterproof? I cannot find this info anywhere, even info that the newest trucks have waterproof ESC's!! Thanks.

Says it is on the ESC's page.

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/113126

But truth be told, nothing short of putting it in a fully sealed box would make it water proof. Hell, even the flux page, at the very bottom, says it is not meant to be submerged. "Waterproof" electronics are nice to have but usually end up trapping water under holes or damaged spots in the conformal coating causing corrosion.

Says it is on the ESC's page.

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/113126

But truth be told, nothing short of putting it in a fully sealed box would make it water proof. Hell, even the flux page, at the very bottom, says it is not meant to be submerged. "Waterproof" electronics are nice to have but usually end up trapping water under holes or damaged spots in the conformal coating causing corrosion.

Thanks. I did come across that page already, but the page I was wondering about was the actual product page for the truck which can be found at: http://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/104240 which mentions nothing of the water proof ESC. So if the actual product page for my exact model doesnt mention a water proof ESC like I have, makes me wonder if the rest of the truck is water proof (or water resistant) and it doesnt say.

While I have no plans to submerge the truck in water, I live in an area which seems to rain everyday and I go weeks before having a nice day where the ground is actually dry enough to run it. So if I can discover that my model is water proof (or water resistant) than that means I can run the truck a little more often than once a month in the rainy hell-hole area which I live.

Thanks.

Well, the receiver and steering servo are not labeled as waterproof. Also that electronics box is FAR from waterprooff. I'd say, use near water at your own risk.

Well, the receiver and steering servo are not labeled as waterproof. Also that electronics box is FAR from waterprooff. I'd say, use near water at your own risk.

Very true, thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back