Anyone using a Life 6.6v Battery Hump with a GR3E receiver ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazzman

Ok so the question is, Has anyone used a Life 6.6 volt battery hump with a Flysky GR3e receiver. I have 9 of these receivers in all my trucks runnimg on 1600 mAh NiMH 5 cell humps. Have read various forum posts about the max input voltage for this receiver and some say it can handle up to 10v.

Sorry Jam, a bit on the slow side here, LOL. When you say more, I take it you mean more than the stated 6volts that is recommended by Flysky.
Sorry, Yes I have done it in some of my trucks/cars/crawlers and honestly 6.6v is just fine, I am using more voltage on my crawler and monster trucks because they need the extra voltage to run power hungry servos and using 2 steering servos on 6v they seemed sluggish, this symptom disappeared when I used more voltage, hope this helps you...

Cheers for the info Jam1, got a similar issue. 2 of my trucks have the huge 170mm dia tyres and I am finding the steering goes really slugish after a short time of running them. All my trucks are running 35kg servos and the others are fine, just the 2 with the large tyres have issues. Thought the extra 0.6v would be ok but abit of doubt is making me ask this question. Do you think these GR3es would handle a 7.4v LiPo as at full charge these are around 8.4v

Thanks again mate. Think I'll start by trying the Life 6.6v and see what the improvemnts are. Got to be an improvement over a 6v NiHM I reckon. Plus found a couple that will fit in the Savage radio box a treat.

Well it's 5 months down the road from when I first asked the question about using a 2S 6.6v Life battery hump with my FS-GR3E receivers. Anyway finally did it and bought one. A 2000Mah pack, Fits in the savage radio box perfect and works great. From my calculations I'm getting around 31.5kg from a 35kg servo, 35kg is what they are rated at but that is at 7.4v and not at 6v which is what a 5 cell NiMH hump pack is. At 6v a 35kg servo only produces 28.5kg of torque. I say only but that is still pretty decent but still nice to have more.
Anyway it's in, working and nothing has fried. Happy Days.👍😉1675534298266.png

1675534051173.jpeg1675534076395.jpeg1675534133578.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

Back