Anyone planning to buy the Savage XL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monsterman

I tried to search for any posts but didnt see any.. Anyone planning on buying the Savage XL?

Not me. My 4.6 is already being modded for extended lcg chassis, a modded mill, heavier dogbones etc...basically you can make a XL out of a 4.6 and save 400 dollars imo.

Not me. My 4.6 is already being modded for extended lcg chassis, a modded mill, heavier dogbones etc...basically you can make a XL out of a 4.6 and save 400 dollars imo.

I aggree ..

i'am going to get one soon as it comes out just to see how it runs and handles it comes out in april right?

Well they definetely lowered the price from the original posting of $ 866. But regardless of the price, for those who bought the savage X 4.6 in the last few months, and already have extended lcg tvp's, beefed up the dogs, and have modded engines, whats the point of having the XL??? I mean everyone has their own perogative, but me personally I just don't see the point. Super nice upgrade from a Savage 21, 25 "if the truck isnt heavily modded already" yes, but from a F4.6 to a XL, its a small upgrade really considering the mods people have already done.

Just my 2 copper

:dunno:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be getting one. Having a modded Savage (or 2) or not I want to try out that 5.9!!!!

from what i've read it is a monster of a engine but........... the truck has huge tires,is longer and wider which equals to heavier so it may not be as "crazy" of a truck as hoped think i'll wait as I'm getting the baja next month lol

Nah, I'm not getting one. As Thyrfing said, I have a X 4.6, and already have been modding it pretty heavily, its probably nicer, faster, and I can bet is going to handle better than a XL. Although, I am very curious to see how nice that K5.9 is, I might just get one.

the only think i may want from the Xl would be the TVP's if they were the same hole locations as the X, cus i like the looks of the X TVP's but want extended tvp's

well the chrome is teh awesomezors, but i like how the HPI frames are designed. as stupid as it may sound, i like having the X cut into the front of the frame. i dunno, its just my preference.

awesome. my only problem is I'm puttin 200-300 away a week out of my paycheck towards my 1:1 truck....so savvy gets shelved for a while.

I'm still going to wait for the kit to come out and get one of them, it ought be off the chain like a rabid dog.

I have got to say I like the X on my frame to,check out the sig. photo. I will definately be in line for that 5.9 though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back