Anyone now anywhere in the UK that does re-pinching

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazzman

Hello folks, Does anyone know anywhere where I can get a piston/sleeve repinch in the UK. Got a couple of K5.9s that will be needing this soon. Don't really wont to pension these mills off yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah I tried that to , no luck . Ray I’m sure is a machinist . It’s quite the tools he uses . Back to new specks actually . You have to break in the engine again as if it were brand new .

Yes, thinking the same, if that easy to do right we'd all be doing it. $20 a pinch & $9 postage is a very small price to pay to have a mill which you can't get piston/sleeves for anymore back running like new. The mill I am talking about is the K5.9. Have 4 of these plus 2 K4.6HO, so will keep his web page bookmarked for the future. Thanks again for the link to the page.

Looks like this is the guy I did then. All mills running ok but 2 are getting low on compression. Not to bad and run ok but lower than the other 2 are. Were you 100% happy with your 5.9, take it it was a K series, when you got it back ?.

No, was looking for someone this side of the pond, but as you know we live in a shite country when it comes to getting RC stuff dun, hard enough just getting spare for Savages. Come to think of it just a shite country full stop . But must say the prices listed on his site are better than good. Couldn't get it done here for that price even with the postage that's if I could find a place here that did it, LOL.

Well Jam 1, if you rate him then then he must be good, This will be the guy I will use when the time comes, which won't be long.👌
While you are at it, do like I did and polish the whole crank and work the carb a bit to remove flashing and smooth out airflow a bit.... this one is an XTM 24.7 i did with my dremel and a bit of polishing compound... still have not run it yet, been sitting in a baggie on my shelf now

Attachments

• DSCN5599.JPG
    DSCN5599.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN5601.JPG
    DSCN5601.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN5602.JPG
    DSCN5602.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN5604.JPG
    DSCN5604.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN5611.JPG
    DSCN5611.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN5612.JPG
    DSCN5612.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 1
Did you find anyone in our country to offer this service or give up in the end mate?

No,I didn't find anyone in the UK that does this, and yes sort of gave up looking. When the K5.9 I wanted to repinch finally gives up may contact RayARacing and get a quote but will probably strip it for spares to keep the other 3 running. Not using it at the moment anyway. Oilied it up and put it back in its box. It's surplus to requirerment know since the purchase of the Force 4.6 mill. These K5.9s are way to juicey, Got No.8 dialled in perfect and it now burns a tank of fuel in under 7 minutes which ain't good. Will bring it back out if No.10 build ever happens, which could be a possibilty as only missing a few small pieces to complete.
Just upgraded No.9 to 11mm heavy duty diff cups, drive shafts & XL wide axles plus ally throttle bellcrank so all the parts removed are now avialable for No.10.
Going to purchase a set of Trenz tires from WS payday to put on those Havok rims I purchased then fit them to No.9.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back