Anyone know if a Carb from a F5.9 will fit a K5.9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazzman

Been looking to change the carb on one of my K5.9 mills. Been looking at the Force CM3613-3 carb, I am assuming it's the same carb as what the F5.9 uses as the Force .36 and the F5.9 are one of the same. The carb inlets seem to be the same at 9.5mm but are they the same diameter at the end that pushes into the opening in the crankcase. if anyone has any input or feedback about this I would be very grateful.
There are 2 reasons I wish to do this
1- is to loose the middle needle as the rubbers have gone hard and the needle moves with vibration
2- this carb is 2/3rd the price of the K5.9 one.

Well according to WSModels Gazzman the F5.9 carb will fit/work with your K5.9 mill! 👍🏻
Nice one mate, much appreciated for the info. You know I have a feeling this forum this dead. this thread had 38 views and you my friend are the only one who has replied to it. Seems to be the same half a dozen people on here that help everyone else out, I do include you, Jam 1 and ELWOOD in those helping others but as I write this I only see 2 members online and 54 people sponging for info.

Yer maybe your right. LOL. anyway took the XL 5.9 out at the weelkend with the pipe you sent me ran 2 tanks through it and guess what, the pipe is still in one piece, so looks like the old pipes are made better, and I must say the 5.9 was running the best it's ever run. Doing not just wheelies but complete backflips so if it was going to melt it had plenty of oppotunity to do so

Lol, that’s decided/proven then HPI parts do appear more inferior then they used to be sad times, be very interested to see what HPI would say if you told them what happened to your newer pipe, then you can throw in about swapping pipe over & old pipe not being affected then see what they say!
Emailed them last week twice now asking if they have any plans to bring out Savage V2 XL Nitro version, still nothing back!
Long live my Savage 21! 👍🏻😂

I would like to offer help and be more participatory, but unfortunately I have little or very little experience in RC to be able to offer some advice with criteria and wisdom, in addition to that I follow the forum very closely and I read it often

Well the simple answer is no they don't. The neck of the carb that slots into the crankcase on a Nitrostar K5.9 mill is 15mm where as the Force F5.9 is 14mm. Also the venturi on the K5.9 is 9.5mm where as the F5.9 is 8.5mm.

That’s disappointing then Gazzman, what do you have in mind now then?
Well that's the million dollar question, LOL. As for the K5.9 carbs they are ok to tune if you don't mess with the middle needle, I just leave it flush if the body, set the idle gap to just under 1mm then just play with the LSN and HSN as with any other engine but the problem I keep getting is the the O rings on the middle needle go hard making the needle abit loose so the thing moves over time from vibration. Have tried various other O rings from different carbs but not found one that fits proper yet. and for the love of god can't seem to find a new one anywhere. I'd change to F5.9 engines but I have 4 of these bloody K5.9 mills so finding an O ring that would fit or a complete needle would be lovely.
The reason I run these engines must be cause I love hassle and pain. LOL. Cos that all you get from them. Plus they drink fuel quicker then I could pour it down the drain.
Dam I do like a challenge.🤣😜

On another note, just picked up a set of the V2 bumpers and V2 wheelie bar. Very nice looking but HPI have excelled themselves again as it's even more difficult to use the roto start than before. I think there design team must be brain dead or sommit. Have a look at the angle you have to put the starter shaft in. They also say you have to have the V2 bumpers to use the V2 wheelie bar, this to is rubbish I fitted it to the old style bumper no problem but still can't get the shaft in, in any other position.

Attachments

• DSCF0560.JPG
    DSCF0560.JPG
    305.4 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF0561.JPG
    DSCF0561.JPG
    321.9 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF0563.JPG
    DSCF0563.JPG
    255.5 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF0565.JPG
    DSCF0565.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCF0566.JPG
    DSCF0566.JPG
    246 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF0570.JPG
    DSCF0570.JPG
    297 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Don’t forget if it helps WSModels stock K5.9 carb parts Gazzman
https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/14970/

Interesting about V2 bumper set & more stable looking wheelie bar I was looking at that also but that’s crazy they have over looked people using rota start, they need to be made aware of that surly!
Not the point & a shame to have to do to new part but could you drill say a 20mm hole lower down in between the wheelie bar wheels to get angle more straighter?
Do recall HPI released a longer then current 225mm rota shaft a while back to aid people who had wheelie bar fitted, but maybe wrong on that?
See when buying V2 body shell you also have to buy what they call accessory Set separately, making what with paint etc pretty expensive! 👎🏻

Yer you could drill a hole below the wheelie bar, 1st thing I thought about but like you say it would be a shame to hackup a new part plus you would have to drill a hole though the bumper unless you use the old bumper . As for WS models they don't have the middle needle and can't grt it, I have asked. Can still get a complete carb for the K5.9 for around £60 so not all is lost. Managed to pick up a set of the new Tredz wheels that they are fitting to the new Savage GT-6, look well nice but funny thing is can't get the tyres yet. WS models say HPI not shipping them until the 13th July, bummer. Would put a set of GT or Dirtbonz tyres on but according to HPI the new tredz tyres are 90mm ID where as the others are 84mm ID but HPI list them all as fitting the 3.8" wheels. Strange.

Nice one mate, much appreciated for the info. You know I have a feeling this forum this dead. this thread had 38 views and you my friend are the only one who has replied to it. Seems to be the same half a dozen people on here that help everyone else out, I do include you, Jam 1 and ELWOOD in those helping others but as I write this I only see 2 members online and 54 people sponging for info.
I try to help but know limited info and have learned so much here y'all. Thank you guys and sorry it isn't more of a popping place I enjoy it and know I can get my dumb questions answered and learn from some of the best in my opinion. My savages run stupid and we're sitting for 12 years you guys are the only reason I got em going and can enjoy them. Keep it up guys if nothing for us begginers and the dumb questions haha thanks again!🤙

I try to help but know limited info and have learned so much here y'all. Thank you guys and sorry it isn't more of a popping place I enjoy it and know I can get my dumb questions answered and learn from some of the best in my opinion. My savages run stupid and we're sitting for 12 years you guys are the only reason I got em going and can enjoy them. Keep it up guys if nothing for us begginers and the dumb questions haha thanks again!🤙
Hi Learingnitro, long time no hear, Glad your still here on the forum and as for dumb questions that's what the forum is for. No matter how dumb or silly you think the question is just ask away. No matter how bright we may think we are we all have questions without the answers.
This forum is like a family for Savage owners worldwide & family help each other and stick together. I myself think I know Savages inside out and have now built 10 of them from scratch but I still have to ask the forum for answers to questions which others on here probably see as obvious. Asking for help or advice don't make you thick or stupid. Life is one big learning curve.👌👍

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back