Anyone know anything about Compound Bows?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fx

My dad picked up 3 compound bows from a yardsale. Here are some pictures. If anyone could shed some light as far as how much they are worth or link me to the manufactures page that would be awesome. My dad and I don't know much about bow hunting.

#1- It says "Martin" it's a lefty and I'm ambidextrous so I'm using this one. Plus it's nice looking.
0810091718.jpg

0810091718a.jpg

0810091719.jpg

#2- Polaris
0810091721.jpg

0810091721a.jpg

0810091721b.jpg

#3- Bear/Black Panther...idk
0810091723.jpg

0810091723b.jpg

0810091724.jpg

those bows are worth anywhere between $500 and $1100 each. if you picked them up at a yardsale I'm assuming you paid less than 100/ea you got a steal.

ya there fairly high quality bows my friend i would assume you got a awsome deal!!!

interested in selling me one of those martins? my family on my wifes side are all hunters

Sorry bud I'm keeping the martin for me. It's made for a lefty anyway.

$110 for the first one, $150 for the second one, and $20 for the third one. All the bows came with lots of arrows and the second one came with a tackle box loaded with bow hunting goodies. I don't don't what half the stuff is but it looks like stuff for building arrows.

the martin is defiantly a competition bow not a hunting bow the bear looks like bare basic bow for beginners and the polaris looks like beginner bow to eh if you guys are not hunting those bows would be great just for target practice and bonding with the pops . good steal fx

I have to agree with BigDan here. The first is worth the most and is a competition bow. Where the second and third would be decent all around but are fairly low end but will do you just fine. They can all be used however but first will be flashy for hunting.

If for hunting you will more than likely want to change the rests as they will make lots of noise being arrow on steel and will scare off your game.

Find the local Archery club and join up and do some target shooting first to get used to them. A release (Trigger deal) is very nice. I see one attached to the string.

Hope you enjoy and if ya got any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

I shot on a league for about 12 years, wish I had time to start again.

Thanks everybody! Yeah for now we'll just be messing around, learning how to shoot them properly. Good to know the first one is for competition. Makes sense now that I think about it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back