anybody eve used powdered graphite lube?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShiftPoint

Just wondering, on the places where it is not good to use grease because of dirt, dust, sand etc...(like in the transmission and places like that) would it be good to use powered graphite. I fond a tube in my stuff the other day, it says it is for places where grease picks up dust.

It sure wouldn't hurt to use it there. That is what it is good for as it doen't collect the dirt/dust like greese does. I would use it.

I have used it in the trans with no ill effects. I thought about using for dog bones but it just doesn't stay in place very well so I have used a product called Dry Ice made by Tigerdrive. I like that so much I use in trans now as well.
It is a little thin but I found if you put some in a cup and leave out it thickens quite a bit and stays in place better.
Dave

great tips guys as i was wondering about grease myself and what would work better!!:resp:

Thanks, I forgot all about having it. Next time I have my stuff apart I am going to clean all of the grease out, i any and use it. Might check out the dry ice too.

Members online

Back