Any Unhappy Axial .28RR Owners??? Post Here!

If you have the Axial RR, Have you had issues with it?

• Yes, Explain below!

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larsenracing

Manufacturer
Hey guys, I just want to know what problems you have had with you RR's? please let us know your emotions and what has all happened to you. Please be spacific and detailed.

My experiences, I have the Front bearing issue and have been threw 5 pull starts because of recoil spring breakage and my OWB slips every 4th pull. I have contacted there support. My engine is on its way there as I type. I'm unhappy with tech support as they blame everything on overheating. Please I take very good care of my stuff. I have several posts about my problems so I'm sure most of you know. O Ya keep this in mind all my problems are with in 3/4 of a gallon because that is all i have threw the motor.

Lets hear your problems?

O one more thing make sure if you post No that you have atleast broken the engine in to see if you have had any issues. Thanks

I've been using Axial motors for awhile .32 and .28 and never had a problem. What fuel are you using, what is the oil% I'm on my second p/s in my .32 and I am changing my front bearing today. I can't count how many gallons I got on the first p/s, over a year and I run and race lot. I rebuilt late Sep., for the Holloween bash, including carb rebuild (you can get a complete o-ring and dustboot from tower for like 4bucks). Several of my guys have the .28 and have no problems to report. Good luck, I'm sure Axial will do you right.

I'm trying to get information on the RR. I know there haven't been many issues with the other engines but I have heard of some issues with the 4.6 which is the same as the Axial .28 Spec 1.

Just for the information to answer your question i am running Byrons 30% race fuel and it has 11% Oil.

I'm not a fan of the HPI 4.6, had alot of problems with it. HPI replaced one and the repalcement didn't last long at all. Thats when I switched to the .32.
I asked about your fuel because of your issues with the oneway. I had the same with Blue Thunder and changed to Morgans Sidewinder 30%, it has 10% oil and stopped the gumming up everything deal, including my oneway. And it has after run built in. I think there are differnces in the Axial vs HPI. I have put axial p/s in hpi cases and they work much better and last longer.

Yes I have the axial 28 rr been running the crap out of it, so far so good.
prob 3/4 of a gallon so far not much tuning either

I don't accually own one but I know a couple people that do and as far as I know they havn't had a problem with them like that, sometimes u get a bad one I did the original motor that came on my savage X I had alot of stuff go wrong with that until it eventually broke my crank, and my husband had a sts 30 and it gave out with less than a only 1 3/4 gallon through it but my brother has the same one and his has been great. sorry about your luck man. as far as technical support on the motor we couldn't even get anyone to look at my husbands motor after it went kaput they basically said o well. I think it just who u get on the phone when u call. good luck next time..

haven't owned my engine 2 months.

its right at 6 tanks right now.

and my highspeed needle has snapped off.
note that the carb comes seated and mounted and fully built when shipped.

i haven't messed with the HSN where it mounts to the carb body.

next-

Front bearing is leaking horribly fast

No Bearing issues!!! Engine likes to run Hot and only peforms good when hot! Yes its sealed and no i don't have any air leaks its just a hot runner but has been reliable for 1 gallon so far!!

I just found the o ring on my fuel cap leaking on my tank lid!! I will post after I run it anyone else had this problem???

Last edited by a moderator:
AE .50!!

lol jk.

I can agree with you on the customer support larsen. It kinda PO'ed me that everything was caused by running my motor too lean, when I knew for a fact I had a good tune and correct temperatures. I'm kinda done with axial motors, I like the rest of their stuff but until I see a change.. I'll go other places.

I have one and it is in the middle of getting shipped back to me, because the p/s wore out 2 or 3 races after break in. Axial told me that is was because I was running the os plugs and they are shorter then normal, thous creating more heat. Now in all the other motors that I have had, I always ran os plugs and they never gave a problem. Butters also bought one at the same time and his p/s actually deformed into a egg shape, there again they said it got too hot, and we where both running o'donnels 20% and if those motors saw 270, I would be surprised. So needless to say I am not happy with axial. I am now going with a LRP for my savage and my axial will be sitting in my buggy nothing like putting a .28 into a bash buggy :cheers:.

I don't personally have one but my buddy does and has had nothing but problems with it.

I know a guy who runs at the local races, he has the RR axial, and he hates it. He's said he's ran it hard, but never over 250F. He told me that they run hot, and wear out quick and the tech support always says it's too lean.

I didn't vote since I don't have one, but still thought it'd help with that opinion. I was looking into getting an Axial, but with the problems I've seen lately and heard about, no thanks. I'll either get the LRP or the OS .30

I ran my truck after fixing my air leak in my tank oring and it still runs like crap. I put the engine in my buggy to eliminate the bad savage tank design I will post what happens next time i run it. But so far this engine sucks DO NOT BUY!!

Well I found my problem somewhat. I put the engine in my buggy and it ran great it didnt get over 250 it idled perfect and held a tune like a normal engine should it was responisve and ran perfect top end/bottom end it was great. The only variables that changed was the vehicle and the pipe I run a Vantage pipe on my Savage and a Stock sportwerks turmoil pipe on my buggy. I used the same Vantage header I use on my savage I just used the sportwerks pipe that came with my buggy. I have chalked it down to the poor fuel tank design on the savage which is causing erratic engine behaviour changing from running lean to rich all the time through a tank of fuel. I am going to try the Sportwerks pipe on my Savage just to make sure its not the pipe and see how it runs but for now my conclusion is the tank design blows goats!! The Axial engine was not the problem this whole time!!!

I used an Axial .28 Spec1 in my Ofna, I loved it over the Pico .21 the Axial lacked high peak RPM but has something my Pico never did (GRUNT).. But all great things must come to an end... I rolled my Ofna up!

So my Little brother bought me a SavageX 4.6 for my B-Day!!! (He has one already)
So I dropped my Axial .28 in the SavageX.. It didn't take long before I was having major Rich/Lean issues. With a Full tank of fuel I can't keep the wheels on the ground but burn up 25% of the tank and insta LEAN issue.. Heat goes up fun factor goes down!

Axial .28 Spec1 is a Thirsty devil 9mm carb VS 8mm on Stock
HPI .28 It wants it juice..
I have tried the (More fuel Line+Filter) Helped but not much
Put the 8.5mm Carb sleeve this help with my half tank lean issue..
Both Ofna and SavageX I used the same pipe Jammin JP3
Only thing I have had a issue with was the one way dearing in my Axial, May have been cause by the breakin pinch the Axial has..

no problems with mine as of yet.. i wil keep you all posted as I just broke it in and still have long way to go as far as tunning it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back