Another Rattle Can Body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NiteRida

Basher in training...
Another rattle can body. Turned out really nice. Original plan was to paint the cowl hood part black, but forgot. Oh well... It'll bash just fine. Looks much better in person than in the picture....

yellow_savage1.jpg

yellow_savage2.jpg

awesome looking body. Great job. It would ALMOST be a shame to see it bashed...I said almost so go bash that thing.

Man nice work there Rida, very clean....

those are sweet they all look brand new! Do you only like painting that body style??

those are sweet they all look brand new! Do you only like painting that body style??

I get them on ebay auctions. I like them because they are precut and drilled. Since they are all the style body they stack nicely....

Believe me, they don't look new now.

Jon.

Awesome job on all the bodies! But I think I like the new one the best. The graphics looks super clean and not too busy.

Yes it's a totally different style than the others. It's the first time I tried something like this. Without the stickers it looked really plain. The others were soo busy and bright they didn't need stickers.

Jon.

Those are cool! How the hell do you do that?
I wish I had the patience to do something like those!! Nice job!

The "shredder" look is accomplished by laying down masking tape directly to the inside of the body. Make sure the masking tape is pressed down by your thumb. Then started by tearing it in a zig zag pattern to achieve the pattern/shredded edge. Once you have your main pattern complete, then everything is masked except the main color. Now paint the main color. Peel off the masking. Then fade the colors that you want in the areas you had masked. Start slow and light. It's a rattle can, so it won't be near as controlled as an airbrush. However, it looks good. These are fun to do.

If you use flourescent paints you need to be sure to use the white backer.

Hope this helps.

Jon.

Now my son and I can't "agree" on whose Savage it will run on....

He's always had first choice, but I'm keeping this one...

Guess I'll need to do another one for him. I'll make the cowl black this time.

Latest posts

Members online

Back