anodized metal removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremsavage

OG HPISF MEMBER!!!!!
I about to remove the purple anodizing from the hinge pin braces and the diff case mounting plate. I want to know if greased lightning or easy off oven cleaner will wear out the thread lock on the chassis braces mounted to the plate cuz I have the alum ones. I wanna save some time and not take apart anymore than what I have and was just wondering what the effect would be. Any help would be great. And would hopefully like to get some replys by tomorrow morning. not to be pushy.:dunno:

dunno for sure, but my guess would be yes, it would break down the thread lock...

man up...bite the bullet...remove the other 2 screws, and re-thread-lock them when you're done...LOL

besides...you'll have to do quite a bit of work to the parts after you use the easy-off (or whatever you use)...the parts look like hammered $#!T until you polish them out...you'll want to take the chassis braces off for that anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:
dunno for sure, but my guess would be yes, it would break down the thread lock...

man up...bite the bullet...remove the other 2 screws, and re-thread-lock them when you're done...LOL

besides...you'll have to do quite a bit of work to the parts after you use the easy-off (or whatever you use)...the parts look like hammered $#!T until you polish them out...you'll want to take the chassis braces off for that anyway...
Yes... Thats true, komodo.
And also, You don't want any of that Easy-off, or any other solvent based chemical on the composite plastic parts that the truck is made from, xtrem.

Komodo's right. just get the parts that you want to treat, off the truck.

There's no plastic left on the diff housings, plates, and that entire area. Well, except for the battery box, skid plate, and bumper. Which are already removed. What would I use to polish up the alum. after all the ano is gone. I striped them all at work today cuz I had nothing else to do. Well, except for a little bit of welding to finish fixing up our gang box.

I polished mine with a scotchbrite wheel on a grinder, then a cloth wheel...it's not exactly easy, but if you take your time, you can get a nice shine...

Nice find, Chunky! This threads got great info from alot of you guys. Thankx.

Latest posts

Members online

Back