Annoying Savage Flux Motor mount & TVP issue...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrRcLover

So yeah.... Certain pinion sizes gets the screw to fasten the motor mount (Stock mount&plate) to go under the TVP which keeps me from getting it tightened up. I have to estimate the sweetspot for the sliding of the motor sideways and tighten the screws I can get to so I can get the motor bolted on when I've unscrewed the motor plate...

See this?! Oh the horror.....

I can turn it with ball end drivers but that will strip it, even if I change the screw to a Titanium or Stainless steel screw!
10509617_1432212593731728_1456058370115221578_n.jpg

Am I missing something or is this... Just a bad design?

I don't own a flux, so I'm not much help. But from the looks of it you could take some material off the TVP right underneath the screw and you'd be golden ( just enough to give you the angle you need to get at the screw)

I sure would do that if i was him, hello Mr Dremel..... take about a min and make some clearance clarence :lmao: should be pretty easy and not hurt a thing at all.....

Nonono. That will weaken the frame extremely, because it is the 1 of 2 frame parts that hold the frame stiff back there, in an open area with little metal, look:

416Hyy+oPBL._SX300_.jpg

No good idea. I'll figure something out and post it here and update the OP with it incase someone comes here with the same problem.

you miss the point here, I was not saying to cut on the side plate at all I am saying is to remove a bit of material on the cross brace there to allow a bit of room for the driver to access the offending screws.....

you miss the point here, I was not saying to cut on the side plate at all I am saying is to remove a bit of material on the cross brace there to allow a bit of room for the driver to access the offending screws.....
Ye.

It will work with the current pinion I'm trying to fit, but I'm bashing the truck pretty hard so i wouldn't like to weaken the frame in any way, especially because it's only the stock 2,5mms.

I'll figure something. :meh:

Removing a millimeter or two of material there will not harm your frame. These TVPs take alot of abuse and much more modification than that has been done to these TVPs before.

Removing a millimeter or two of material there will not harm your frame. These TVPs take alot of abuse and much more modification than that has been done to these TVPs before.
I dunno man they seem so thin and fragile Q_Q I guess I'll give it a try. Pic laters

Latest posts

Members online

Back