Angelic build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fallenangels

I picked up a few new parts for my Savage. I am waiting to hear back about the aluminum rims that someone runs around here. I am waiting to here if they have developed a beadlock rim. Anyway, I got off to a good start with a few small, but much needed parts.
A full set of intergy shocks, shock oil, body clip retainers, exhaust deflector tube, new body! I also took some time to rig up a pul line for the gas tank cap and protective shielding for the top of the motor's head.
IMG00027-20100403-0015.jpg

IMG00028-20100403-0015.jpg

IMG00029-20100403-0017.jpg

IMG00030-20100403-0017.jpg

IMG00033-20100403-0333.jpg

IMG00039-20100403-0530.jpg

IMG00040-20100403-0530.jpg

IMG00035-20100403-0455.jpg

Well I finaly had the chance to build and install my new piggy-back shocks. They seem much stiffer than the stockers that came off. I also to some time to finish painting my Hummer body, its no trick paint job, but for it being the first I have done in a few years I think it came out well. I like the clear windows that let you see inside.
IMG_2866.jpg

IMG_2867.jpg

IMG_2868.jpg

IMG_2869.jpg

IMG_2877.jpg

Looks good so far .. might wanna make a diferent choice on shocks .. what ones are thoes ?..

why would you say go with a different shock of you don't even know what type they are? They are integy piggy backs. I was told they make a good shock and I don't want to change over to the four shock set up with big bores. They came with enough internals to fine tune the handeling...what have you heard about them...maybe you can enlighten me on them.

Some helpful info on integy shocks. I've tried all 3 styles of the msr piggybacks. All 3 have easily bendable shock shafts. I've used the msr3's, msr4's, and the bigger msr5's. I bent the shock shafts on all of them. The msr5's did last a little longer than the other 2, but still bent the shafts. Integy uses cheap and weaker metal than other companys. The last set of shocks I ran were the Cen GST 7.7 shocks and never bent a shaft. With the integys I couldn't even do small 2-3 ft. jumps with perfect landings without bending a shaft. I'd suggest tryin them out til the bend then get some different shocks. Almost every other member here will agree about integy socks.

I wish I would have known this prior to buying them...the only bad thing I had heard of them was that they had an early batch that leaked.
I guess I will have to run them till they go bad. What brand would you recommend if I want to keep the dual shock set up that comes stock on the Savage??? Was that last pic of an integy Wheelie bar, and some of those pics don't exactly look like the shocks are bent, but the shock towers. I don't exactly like the look of their shock towers ad was thinking instead of going with New Era's stuff for my hop up parts because they look much sturdier. Let me know your oppinions or what suggestions you might have. Has anyone had a good experience with integy???

I wish I would have known this prior to buying them. What brand would you recommend if I want to keep the dual shock set up that comes stock on the Savage???

What i do is tons of reasearch and ask my fellow bashers what they use. chances are if everyones running big bores theres a reason. i hope you have good luck with yours.
Secondly if you like the stock look of dual shocks why not just run the stock shocks? they are adjustable with shock oil, springs, etc, and cheap if you ever do break one. they are very durable tho right out of the box. if you want after market you could always run dual big bores, but theres no need and its expensive.

I had ordered these shocks prior to learning about the forum, but since I have joined up I have learned a wealth of information.
Some of the ideas that I once have had been changed since reviewing the threads on the forum.

ya theres tons of great info in these forums and great people to back it. glad you found us, and good luck with the shocks maybe yours are a super tough batch, fingers crossed, lol

This info realy sucks about right now...but in my research I have found that people have destroyed all type shocks, less the BigBores, which I haven't yet researched. I just like the looks of the dual set up much better than the singles. Time will tell if I get peeved enough to make the switch...lol!!!
Also being that this is my first truck and in the past I had the Nitro touring cars, they didn't realy break anything and I upgraded quite a few different parts on my last Nitro car. I am not sure what type driver I will be yet as I haven't realy gotten the vehicle broken in to where she is ready for a decent Bashing...by then I will probably have upgraded the entire Truck!

I run the HPI threaded aluminum shocks, and although I have had a couple bent shafts in the past I haven't bent any in a while. I would like to run Big Bores but I like the shocks I'm using now so I'm gonna do other upgrades first as I can afford them. BTW I didn't pay anything for my aluminum HPI's otherwise I would have the BB's instead. My truck had either a Tx, or Rx failure and took off on me. Got hit by a FedEx truck so HPI had me send it in for repair. They hooked me up, new TVPs, New wheels tires (one got cracked), new a-arms and steering knuckles on that same side, new Tx/Rx, and they sent me the threaded aluminum shocks and two bottles of 30wt oil to put on myself when it got back to me. All it cost me was the $25 to ship it to them. They even mentioned reimbursing my shipping at first but I felt they took very good care of me so I never even brought it up afterwards. If your not gonna go with BB's, I say HPI threaded aluminum (or even just the stock ones) FTW!

This info realy sucks about right now...but in my research I have found that people have destroyed all type shocks, less the BigBores, which I haven't yet researched.

No matter what you run, it can be broken. Some things are just better than others and take longer to break LOL. Just thought I would add that since there is no edit button anymore, sorry for the double post.

Thanks for the info on the shocks...I guess I went with the best looking product that they had localy available to me...we shall see how hard I am on the truck in the future.
Now for the nitygrity...I scored some New Era parts for my truck, after much debate and inspection of the intergy parts, don't get me wrong they are pretty but don't seem as sturdy to me, I have purchase myself a New Era shock tower, lowwer arms, and wheelie bar. These things look like buisness and fit spot on with out much trouble. Although I lost a C-clip...those things are so small!!! I am starting to feel like I will have enough stock parts soon to build a spare savage...lol I am only on my second tank of fuel but the stock motor pulls this thing off the ground with little ease on the cement! The first part of my lighting kit was installed today also, figured I would start out simple with the bumper mounted lights.
Enjoy the pics:
IMG_2896.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

IMG_2882.jpg

IMG_2883.jpg

IMG_2884.jpg

IMG_2885.jpg

IMG_2886.jpg

IMG_2887.jpg

IMG_2888.jpg

I second the shocks being really soft. I do believe the stock savy shafts fit them if they are the msr4. Shocks. I can't remember exactly of its the 4s. But the set I had I gave to a member I changed the shafts in a few of them prior to sending them to him he uses them still. I always loved the piggyback look just crap shafts. Get better shafts then your good IMO. Now for the lid you done. Looks very good nice clean lines.got the black trim nice n clean. Looks pretty good. Good start to a nice truck. Keep it going. And ask. Ask. Ask. Before you buy. No one will flame you for asking questions. It'll save you money in having to upgrade parts twice. Bash on buddy. Good luck.

I looked around and although Integy's stuff is pretty the parts from New Era looked much more sturdy, I compaired them side by side, took them out the package, and I liked the look and feel of the New Era stuff better, but if I were building a show truck integy would have won all the way. I also didn't want a bunch of anodized parts that will eventualy wear, get scratched up, etc...eventualy looking bad.

I like the silver aluminum parts for they get scratched and stay silver. Ok another word of advice. The aluminum arms. They won't have any flex to them so if you hit something hard enough it might tear the hinge pins out of thebulk heads. Need the aluminum bulk heads to prevent that. I like the two shock look way better than the single big bore look to. What msr shocks are they. Msr 4 or higher? They got them up to msr 9 now. Maybe them have better shafts idk. Love the look of them buy I beat on my trucks so can't run them. Keep up the build looks like its coming along good.

I am on the Best Bank in Gretna. Where do you go to run your truck around here???

I plan to convert the entire front end over time so no worries, but could you point out what part is the bulk head that you are talking about???

i have a New Era brace for my Hellfire. The workmanship & material is killer.

Let us know how things hold up after you start pounding that savage.

As for shocks? I bent a big bore shaft first bash with them on (granted it was BIG air & a n00fus 1-wheel landing, lol).

But, you can look around and find other shock shafts that will fit into those integy shock bodies should the want/need arise.

Most MT parts are similar. I'm using CEN GST shafts in my big bores at the moment, theyre the same dimensions as HPI Hellfire shafts (i had these shafts in a box so i measured them & tried).

the huge amount of interchangeable parts (in addition to brute strength and it just being a damn kool truck) are what make me loyal to the Savage.

army

the integy shocks are junk, ive used all kinds and ive destroyed them all, don't mean to knock your stuff, just give you some info for the future
there piggy back are nice, ive used just the piggy backs on the stock hpi shocks, ran them for a couple of years with no problems...just my .02 cents

I still have my stock shocks. From the sounds of things I will be running the integy shocks till they have problems and then I will rebuild them with a combination of stock parts.

Sounds like you got a good plan. I think the stock savy shock shafts fit in the integys. You'll find out when one gets bent and you have to rebuild it. I like the look of the integys. So keep the shocks just replace the shafts as needed. And by the sounds of it your not bashing it hard YET ! So should be fine for you. Keep up the build. And keep posting pics.

I just ran through my third tank of fuel...seems like it lasted for ever, it was a blast! I kept it under half throttle, but did get to do a lil bashing. Mild jumping on a 3-4 foot hill. My suspension has been dialed in somewhat better than on the first run. I just got my motosaver filter in, and will be installing this tommorow. I hope to run through my next tank of break-in fuel once that is over. I realy need to get a temp monitor, but I have been considering the new digital futaba controler that monitors rpm, temp, etc...Here is a few pics of the chasis after clean up and my new filter.
IMG_2907.jpg

IMG_2904.jpg

Lookin' good man. I think I ran like ten tanks the first day or so when I got my truck LOL! Couldn't wait for it to be broken in.

Well I had time to updgrade a few more parts...unfortunately the shop I deal with was out of the New Era skid plates, so I went with Integy's stuff for the front one. I don't think a rear is needed becuase the wheelie bar is there in its place. I also ordered my New Era bulk-heads and upper arms. I picked up my factory HPI battery level monitor, a run-a-way brake box for my receiver, and I did the install of the charging connector into the receiver box cover that comes with the truck for when you upgrade to a rechargable receiver battery. Thanks to one of the guys postings that was a freebie! I also found some extra Savage stickers in my truck's box, so I threw them on in place of the Proline stuff that was on there.
IMG_2929.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

IMG_2931.jpg

IMG_2925.jpg

IMG_2927.jpg

Just got back from my trip to Mexico and I found these parts waiting for me. My local hobby shop happened to have a new rollcage that fit the bill perfectly for what I wanted to do with my truck. I only had to flip my front shocks so the piggy-backs wouldn't hit and she was on the road. I also got in my HPI race bag. I am ready to travel now!!!
IMG_3100.jpg

IMG_3101.jpg

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg

IMG_3104.jpg

IMG_3105.jpg

IMG_3106.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back