Amount of paint - thinning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mekios

I am in the process of making my first bodyshell. I had an airbrush and an aircompressor and i bought the Dodge Ram shell.
Now, the question is how much paint jars do i need? I will be using the Paktra laquers. Is there any other way to thin the paint than Paktra thinners?

If you use the Pactra paints you really don't need to thin them down much. They spray rather well in oem form.

Atleast I never have, Some may have though.

I am in the process of making my first bodyshell. I had an airbrush and an aircompressor and i bought the Dodge Ram shell.
Now, the question is how much paint jars do i need? I will be using the Paktra laquers. Is there any other way to thin the paint than Paktra thinners?

thats really an open question,really depends on the color you chose,the rig your running,my set up is a cheap can air type, and i only sprayed my stencil area, using pactra metallic black #rc 280, i did'nt add any thinner, and it sprayed fine, using three light coats i could barly tell i had used any,i can't tell you how many bottles it would take to spray the whole body, but in my experance a little goes a long way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have to say yes. Dependion on what size. If you use the 1/3oz size it will take 2 or 3 to cover a body but the 2/3oz size will cover a full body.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back