Aluminum vs. Teflon Clutch Shoes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jabyaeye

Could someone explain to me the differences between the two, plus list the pros and cons.

Which is better and why?

Aluminum shoes.... they grab better some have more adjustability(meaning) some sets have weights on them so u can adjust the way the clutch engages.. (nova clutch shoes are very nice)...Also w/ the nova set you have allot of different choices w/ what kind of springs you want to run.. The springs have allot to do w/ the way the clutch engages also.. Most aluminium shoes you can switch springs.. (must say that)!! Anyway The cons... for Aluminum.. The clutch needs to be maintained more often . You must remove the burs that will collect over time for the wearing of the alloy..

Now on to Teflon Shoes ..... They don't grab as strong resulting in slippage. That might cause spur gear problems.. (stripping) .. from the heat they generate.. .. They don't last as long as alloy ones but I have had them last well over a gallon... I still run them sometimes. I have a set of nova shoes I love them... But the springs can be a real bear to put on .. Hope this helps Iam sure if I forgot something, or Iam wrong about something people will back me up..

I think you pretty well covered it, I run hpi aluminum shoes on my .28 savage and nova shoes on my .32 savage and both engine I use the stock silver hpi springs.

Springs use Mugen. Sizes available are .9, 1.0 and 1.1. .9 are to light for big engines the 1.0 are medium springs seem to work best for our applications. Mugen makes a great spring. Nova shoes are a 7075 alloy weighted shoe.

Need a price on a set of shoes PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Hop

Members online

Back