Aluminum Upper A Arms (MOD)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagecre

Ok bought a set of four aluminum upper a arms. the turn buckles ( you guessed it ) BROKE AND BENT. But I like the look. so I drilled out the holes to 1/4 inch and pressed in 2" long 440 true STAINLESS STEEL ROLL PINS. and made them all just a couple of deg. shorter in length for Camber/Caster. Just got the front two done and figure that will be a good test now. I also put a SS roll pin in a vice and pounded on it really hard. It eventually bent but only after a very hard bash. The two that I have finished look cool too. so if anyone who has these maybe in there truck box cuz there tired this maybe a good option I'll post the results soon I'm going to be jumping off a ramp I have on the street so this should be a good test.

Also for those of you who don't know how to test the stainless thing just use a magnet. if it sticks to the pin its not stainless. if it almost sticks or kinda its not 440.

Ah not yet. I'll just have to take a photo and scan it into my computer. But you know the upper a arm right? the turn buckles that hold the two pieces together and adjust the deg. of camber or caster on your tire. these little dudes brake alot at least for me. Then your dog bone fall out.lol I'm pressing roll pins into the holes for the turn buckles.

Just remember, when grasping it, your mind will be somewhere else. lol... good mornning CCK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the front two upper a arms survived the crash with the motorcycle. lol they look beefy with the roll pins in them. although you must set the deg. of camber, if any that you want. Your not going to remove this to easily. I'm thinking of makeing a set mabey several sets of One piece a arms that are different precise lengths. At work my bud is drawing them up for me on solid works and creating a program for the C.N.C. mill to run a bunch through. I know pics would be a great thing. don't have a digital camera yet.
I am taking photos with a normal camera and will scan them into my computer soon. to show you guys what I've been doing.... Till then

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back