Aluminum parts for Savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking to get some aluminum parts for my savage x. On integy they have a category of savage x 2011 and then they have savage x RTR. Which on do I go with?

Is your truck an X or something different, if it is an X then go with X parts for it, but keep in mind that parts like suspension arms are designed to flex and return to shape, alloy arms will not they will bend and stay bent....
my personal truck has very little alloy on it because I tend to jump it high and crash and flip a lot so I prefer to stay mostly stock with my rig...
a couple alloy parts to consider are the rear hubs and front knuckles as these parts are stronger and most likely will not bend but as for much else unless it is going to be a shelfer it is best to stay stock plastics....

Ok well then I would get parts that are for the Savage X, by slop what do you refer to? if it is steering slop tighten up the servo saver spring a bit, they set them very loose at the factory and you can tighten it up quite a bit with a few simple turns of the adjusting nut......

If I grab the a arms and turnbuckles I can wiggle the wheels

still sounds to me as if the servo saver spring is set a bit loosely so tighten that up and see how it works after

Before doing any serious modifications I would just use the money I have for fuel and get used to how the rig operates and if anything does break then consider a modded part to replace it with, as is the Savage is pretty stout and doesn't break a lot anyway.......

Integy? You are new to the hobby. Follow jams advice. Stay stock. It's cheaper to break plastic than replace snapped or bent alloy.

Part of what makes our savvys tough as they are is the materials it made from and how they are engineered. Flex is critical in some areas and without it you risk breaking things you wish you hadn't.

Upgrade if you break but keep the alloy for shelf queens.... Especially integy.

if you want better arms than stock, get some rpm.

I know exactly what slop you are referring to. I had the same problem. I found out that the ball link ends had worn out( the balls are plastic, and they had worn a good bit). so I just got some metal balls, and that got rid of most of the slop. I also made sure that all of the screws were tight.

@Stephen perkins I would really recommend NOT getting aluminum a-arms. If you're wanting to upgrade the a-arms on the Savage the only ones I would recommend would be to get a set of RPM A-Arms for the Savage.

Yes I am new to the hobby nitro anyway.

And thanks for the advice

Has anyone cut the truck body to fit the engine guard. I know you can lift up the body mounts but that just looks dumb and ugly

Has anyone cut the truck body to fit the engine guard. I know you can lift up the body mounts but that just looks dumb and ugly

yes mine is trimmed to allow clearance and it works just fine, just make sure to leave enuff lexan around the rear body mounts so they don't pull thru, also a bit of shoo goo around that area adds strength also

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back