Aluminium Big Bore Shock Set-Ups?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayJ

Okay guys I just got my Aluminium Big Bores, won't be fitting them just yet until my Kraken RC Titanium Shafts and Hellfire Aluminium Shock Caps arrive but was wondering what set up others are running with the BB's?
The options are vast with the various pistons and then shock oil and springs into the mix.
I was considering limiting the return with some fuel tubing or one or two rubber bump stoppers inside thr shocks and 40wt shock oil but not sure what pistons to go with or springs?
My Flux is XL'd with the HPI conversion kit, HPI Suspension Conversion kit, HPI 24mm Hex Conversion and Baja PL Desperado Wheels.

Ideas please guys?

If this has been covered before I apologize, I have searched but I'm using Tapatalk.

I run mine with the recommended 20wt and stock springs. I like it but a little soft for big air jumps but excelent articulation traction and handling. I have my sons setup with 30wt and white springs. Very nice all around performer. Stock pistons and shims on both. The big bores will sit lower than stock already. Both use stock pistons and spacers.
But I do like my suspension a little softer than most. HPI knows what they are doing with their recommendations.

Thanks for the advice guys, will try those recommendations!

Latest posts

Members online

Back