Alternative to the stock big bore shock ends?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

HPISF Supporter
Well, I busted 3 of my shock ends last weekend. Pretty sure it was due to running 50 weight oil with pink springs on the front. I ordered 4 white springs, but only two showed up, so I put them on the rear. The rear seemed fine, didn't break an end all weekend. But I snapped 3 off on the front. I dropped down to 40w associated oil on all 4 shocks and it did fine until I got about 12-14 feet of air under it and landed hard on the front tires first.

I ordered the parts tree that comes with 4 shock ends so I have some spares. Just seems silly to me to spend $12 for the for ends I wanted. Figured someone would know of something else that would work in it's place.

Ended up getting my second set of springs today... but they are the yellow ones, which are stiffer than the white. I put those on the rear and moved the whites to the front.

This is for a flux HP by the way.

The end on the shock shaft. It snaps in half.

Right about here:
2017-0916-SavageFlux-ShockEndBreakSpot.jpg

I ran those back in the day on various rigs and then tend to snap the shock end off. Just looking for some alternative that is perhaps a different plastic material/brand or that is built a bit thicker in the right spots.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back