Alternate savage fuel tank or possible to repair?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fstndt

Hello my savage fuel tank is fine but the black plastic cap has a leak: the exhaust pressure does not pump any nitro to the engine. Even when i blow, nothing happens. Only when I push the black cap down, it pumps a little... Any way to repair this, or is there a cheaper alternate tank?

If you have original tank with primer button this was found to leak air & possible tuning issues.
If funds allow bite the bullet & buy replacement tank! 👍🏻

If you have original tank with primer button this was found to leak air & possible tuning issues.
If funds allow bite the bullet & buy replacement tank! 👍🏻
Thanks, it doesn't have a primer bulb (pic). I just got a new savage from someone, and it leaks air... but do you mean the HPI bullet tank?16793321514615649047245049927054.jpg

Sorry thought you have original type!
How do you know it’s leaking then?
Sorry for the wrong information but i mean that the tank is like new: nothing leaks, except that when i blow through the cable coming from the exhaust, no nitro gets pumped to the cable that is supposed to go to the engine. I think I don't have a rubber ring in the black plastic cap which blocks the air from leaking. Do you know the number of that part? Because I can't find it on the HPI exploded views

Sorry for the wrong information but i mean that the tank is like new: nothing leaks, except that when i blow through the cable coming from the exhaust, no nitro gets pumped to the cable that is supposed to go to the engine. I think I don't have a rubber ring in the black plastic cap which blocks the air from leaking. Do you know the number of that part? Because I can't find it on the HPI exploded views
You can take that cap off the tank and fix it, also go to a local auto parts store and you can get an alcohol safe oring to fit the cap, make sure to take the tank to get the right measurements, if I am not mistaken there should be an O ring secured to the cap with a screw and plastic retainer... if you have an Oring already there and it is good you may be able to tighten the retainer screw down a bit to get a better seal, use care though it can break the plastic cap....

Have you tried mixing a watery mix of washing up liquid & water solution & with a paint brush applied it round filler cap, then with filler cap closed try blowing down exhaust/pressure hose to see if bubbles appear or can you hear the air leaking when you do this?

Have you tried mixing a watery mix of washing up liquid & water solution & with a paint brush applied it round filler cap, then with filler cap closed try blowing down exhaust/pressure hose to see if bubbles appear or can you hear the air leaking when you do this?
Thanks I've tried something relatable: I got a rubber band, put it in the place of where the O-ring is supposed to be, and when i push the black plastic cap down (the spring pressure isn't enough i guess), it pumps easily like new. So it just has to be the O-ring. Do you think this might help me?(pic)Screenshot_20230321_085038_AliExpress.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back