Almost too small?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AoD

Well, while at the LHS last night, picking up some shock oil I saw this little RC for sale for only 25 bucks. Turns out, the owner bought it, used it maybe 15-20 times and just didn't like it at all. It's tag said $25, and I couldn't resist. I test drove it, and the owners notes also said that it's completely stock 100%, and has never had a single thing replaced. SO, I said, heck yeah.

The wife fell in love with the one's that are brand new in the box, but alas at the time we couldn't afford one. But this looked like a steal! Turns out, it was, and it's in PERFECT shape after I blew everything off with a can of compressed air. She now has her very own RC, and it didn't cost an arm or a leg.. Maybe a couple arm hairs, but nothing serious.

The first mods will have to be a LiPo battery/charger for it. Then, a brushless kit! Woohoo! It's pretty wicked for it's size as is, however it only holds a charge for about 10 minutes, then it's back to the recharger for 15-20 minutes. It's in REALLY good shape, and there isn't a single scratch on the chassis (which suprized me!). It's so funny watching something smaller than my tire on the savage run around like this.

Only things I had to do to it was blow everything off (just some small particles of dirt and dust) and adjust the slipper on it. It's slipper wasn't hardly letting it move; constantly slipping.

Anyhow, here's the pictures we got of it! :)

LoraBaja3.jpg

LoraBaja2.jpg

In this picture it looks bigger than my savage!! LOL!

LoraBaja1.jpg

It's really a fun little toy, but looks to be a PAIN to work on. Some of the screws are smaller then the ends of my carb needles in the savage, which those are SMALL. :) Might need a magnifying glass to work on it LOL.

I gotta say, for only 25 bucks, it was a heckuva deal, and I would actually consider buying a brand new one for the $80.00 retail!

I got the desert truck but seem to be having problems with the electronics in it. Get the LiPo, thing hauls butt wit it. Just remember to go brushless you'll need a spektrum Rx for it.

man i have one and love it, the micro t is perfect for my 2yr old and my mini t is great 4 my 9yr old:
100_2226.jpg

100_2176.jpg

there is a nitro that No LIE Smaler than my savage tire! the engine is the size of my cooling head! AND ITS FASTER!

I got the desert truck but seem to be having problems with the electronics in it. Get the LiPo, thing hauls butt wit it. Just remember to go brushless you'll need a spektrum Rx for it.

What do you mean? Spektrum RX? I've gotta switch to that type of RX only? Is there any other type, preferably AM? I don't want to spend much if anything really. I don't have a lot of coins, and really wish I could go brushless with it, AND LiPo. We got her a body so she could paint it herself. That's going to be the extent of the mods for now, but we'll be looking into some other parts as she gets better with it. Right now, she's still learning the basics, but she loves it :)

losi now has a rx/ servo to go with the brushless setup.
its 20 bucks and the BL setup is 50.
so for just 70 bucks you can go to uncontrolable speeds with your 80 dollar rc!!!!

Actually since you plan on waiting to go brushless Losi is releasing a ESC/RCVR for the brushless in the micro.

I think I said that already lol

my lhs has carbon fiber bodies for those little buggers and the spectrem mircro rx is made for like helis and small radion boxes like my crt.5

I wish they had it when I went brushless. I used a regular FM rec. They only reccomend the spectrum because of its size. A JR 310 would also fit nicely. The reg size rec. are tight, but you can fit them. I originally tried sportwerks rec. What ever one Hopmeup reccomended to go with the b/l ste up. It was 27mhz am and it didnt work. don't know if it was the am, the 27mhz or just a bad rec. Any way the fm 75mhz works fine.

My stock speed control crapped out with the LiPo. A problem that I was warned about by many people on the mico forum. I did it any way. When It crapped out I thought oh well just an excuse to go brushless.

Now its insane. Forget running in the house. Its uncontrolable in small spaces. Really cool to see that little thing ripping at 20+mph outside though. I just bought another one a Raminator micro this time and kept it stock for inside.

If you do run the LiPo with the stock rec. and fry it, Losi will replace it. The cust. serv. at Horizon is excellent and they know of this problem.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back