air filter cable tie replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamskii

am sick of cutting the cable tie (zip tie) off the air filter everytime i have to remove it to put after run oil down carby, but come up with a money saving idea u might like.

was working on my real car changing the radiator when i saw the radiator hose clamps.. the ones with the phillips head screw the winds a worm over the band to tighten or loosen the clamp..!! perfect for a carby clamp for that air filter!

bought a new clamp at auto store for about 50 cents and it fits perfect and holds the air filter on real tight.

maybe not so much a hop up, buit it is in my opinion a pretty good replacemt for the cable tie.

adamskii

Can't you just pull out the air filter foam and put in the oil instead of of removing the whole assembly?

Can't you just pull out the air filter foam and put in the oil instead of of removing the whole assembly?

Yes I you could also do that ;) Or depending on what you use for after run oil, can always do the thrick i do, put it into a bottle that has a small neck that fuel line can fit over. Place the line over the carb intake ans squeeze the ARO into the carb that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back