Air Compressor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da_ticklah

I've heard and read from other RC bashers and racers that denatured alcohol/simple green and a few loving moments from an air compressor are the best way to clean RC's but I didn't quite believe it till today. I bought an inexpensive (50$) 3 gal compressor from Harbor Freight; it's cheap and takes a while to fill but all I can say is WOW!!! & what was I waiting for on getting a compressor.

So if there is anyone out there like I was run don't walk (well driving is ok too) to your nearest H/W shop and get a compressor.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what do you do there, soak it down real good with the mix and then just blow it off?

just spray it all over ur truck ()not radio gear/ engine) and then let it soak if its simple green which is what i use sometimes thens pray it off with the compressor

i got that 3 gal one and a 1 gal dewalt, those ones get annoying if you ever need to use air tools like impact guns or cutoff wheels. now my 30gal one is much better lol keep an eye out in ur paper u can usually pcik up a nice size one pretty cheap from people trying to move

So what do you do there, soak it down real good with the mix and then just blow it off?

Pretty much but like crzy said avoid the engine and electrics and the rest of your truck will be like new in moments. I could see where more than 3Gallon would be advantageous maybe when my cheapie compressor breaks I may get something larger. But for now I'm happier than a pig in you know what.

I used simple green may get some denatured or use more motor spray on my brakes as simple green leaves a greasy residue..

I don't stay away from the engine as I just spray it and blow it off. Just make sure to use ARO on it if its going to sit. You can also when done spray a touch of WD-40 over everything but I wouldnt sigguest it if you run in dirt or dusty environments.

I find that if I blast the truck with the air compressor most of the stuff comes off without the simple green. Then I will hit the more stubborn stuff with simple green and air compressor and all is good. It's easier to blow most of the gunk off when it's dry. I run in a fairly dusty environment so the dirt blows off really easy with just the compressor. Mud would probably be a bit different.

just got in from cleaning my truck engine degreaser or carb cleaner soaked on truck all over then spray off with the air hose looks like brand new wd40 works good aswell and is much cheaper and serves more purposes

Picked up a 3 gallon 125psi Craftsman recently. Works beautifully for cleaning.

room.air.jpg

Mixed up some of this: Nitro Cleaner

Thanks for the tips guys.

lol simple green dose wonders like if you spray it on you bike rims the breaks work better because it make it sticky so the brakes will grab harder trick i use for trail riding

lol simple green dose wonders like if you spray it on you bike rims the breaks work better because it make it sticky so the brakes will grab harder trick i use for trail riding

Same thing works on the micro DT's tires and wooden floors. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back