After snow bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unicorn87

It is winter time here and snow is gonna fall soon(i hope).
And was wondering what you guys do with savage after bashing on snow.Clean them and let it sit close to heat source so it dry quickly, or smth needs to be lubed if so with what?

I know :lmao:

No snow here.. ever! But you need to worry about pre-snow bashing and setup before post snow bashing. :)

I am sure some of our friends from the north can help out here.

i usually will pick my truck up and drop it a couple times to knock off most of the snow the ill pull the wheels off and take a compressor and blow off the rest the heat gun the whole truck,after that ill lube all the bearings. but try to stay away from snow thats been in contact with salt cuz that makes it rough on parts(servos ect).

eric....

Wrap some tin foil or part of a pop can around your cooling head it will help it run better.

but as far as after just get as much snow off as possiable and have a lot of spare bearings

wd 40 your whole truck before you run in the snow. then after the snow running i put my truck in the bath tub to dry off. after its dry use more wd40 on the whole truck again then oil your bearings with lube of choice

wd 40 your whole truck before you run in the snow. then after the snow running i put my truck in the bath tub to dry off. after its dry use more wd40 on the whole truck again then oil your bearings with lube of choice
After Micks pre set up ^^^^^
I hit it all with Hot water from the shower head to get off the salt form the roads then I hit it with the compressor and coat all alloy with wd again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thanks guys..i think i am not gonna bash alot on snow...it looks like ist realy good for trucks..

unicorn don't let the snow scare you away from running your truck. they just need more maintanace pre and post run. i run mine all winter long and have run it all summer long and stiil on the same bearings - 1 that got ruined by some gravel and a bad seal

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back