advice on new wheels and tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckshot

Hi i have a savage 21 truck i just put an axial .28 in.by the way the motor rocks! but, its time for new shoes. i was running stock t-maxx tires on rpm stablemaxx rims. i switch to imex jumbo maxx tires but they are really heavy. the jumbo maxx tires hook up well but they are tearing my truck up and reduce speed because they weigh so much.
i'm going to get another set of the rpm stablemaxx rims or bead lockers but i think the the extra width of the stablemax would be better.
for tires I'm thinking either the imex dirt or claw dawgs(as they weight less the the swamp dawgs) standard size or the pro-line mashers.
i only really run the truck backyard bashing. grass,loose gravel and dirt and jumps. i want a tire and will hook up well but i want to keep the wight down. if wanyone has used any of these tires because let me know how they hook up.

Keep us updated on the Losi Zombies. So few people ever talk about them. Weight, side flex how they handle etc... Like to see a few pics of them when they get mounted up. I like the looks of those tires.

Yeah please let us know what you think...expecially with the side flex. They look kind of tall, so I would be a little worried about that, but depending on what you're doing with them that isn't really such a disadvantage anyway.

With zombies you really should duct tape the inside to help prevent ballooning. They are so soft that they balloon alot. I would also look at the new lst tires. They are slightly different than the original claws.

Latest posts

Members online

Back