Advice on HPI Savage Flux

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sycko

Hi all,
Just after some advice on the Flux, I'm thinking of getting one as my entry level truck into Electric RC,
I currently have 2 Nitro Savage rc cars but fed up with Engine trouble so looking to try Electric,
Is the Flux a good electric entry level car? Whats the speed/performance like? Any advice on things to look out for or upgrade ect ect?
I'm guessing I will be able to use my other Savage shells as they will be a similar size?
Thanks in advice all.

The Flux is a great entry level electric. Parts are still available for it and it’s bullet proof just like the nitros. I run 4s and I think it’s more then enough power. U can 6s to.

The Flux is a great entry level electric. Parts are still available for it and it’s bullet proof just like the nitros. I run 4s and I think it’s more then enough power. U can 6s to.
Thanks for the feedback, is the XL worth the extra money would you say?

You need to learn to be careful accelerating with standard Flux as wheelies can get boring along with it ending on its roof more often then not, whereas the XL Flux is better due to longer wheelbase. The original Flux had a Castle esc where you can adjust the throttle curve, which helps. Body shells will fit but advise to strengthen with dry wall tape and shoe goo or similar, as they wont last long. I found the stock single wheelie bar to be useless and weak. A centre diff helps to improve driveability but you need alza tvps and plates.

You need to learn to be careful accelerating with standard Flux as wheelies can get boring along with it ending on its roof more often then not, whereas the XL Flux is better due to longer wheelbase. The original Flux had a Castle esc where you can adjust the throttle curve, which helps. Body shells will fit but advise to strengthen with dry wall tape and shoe goo or similar, as they wont last long. I found the stock single wheelie bar to be useless and weak. A centre diff helps to improve driveability but you need alza tvps and plates.
Some great advice there, thank you. With that battery’s when you say 4s and 6s. Is that 2x 2 lipos and 2x3? Because the flux I was looking at only had one battery cradle? Sorry for the silly questions but I'm still learning lol

Flux has 2 battery trays on either side of the chassis so equal weight distribution but as it is a monster truck the centre of gravity is high so expect some corner roll overs. You need 2 x lipos, either 2s or 3s with adequate C rating.

Assumed you were talking about Savage Flux as this topic is under the Savage Flux. You are looking at the Bullet MT Flux, which I have no experience. So you need to search this forum or look elsewhere, such as https://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/forums/topic/142500-help-problems-with-my-bullet-mt-flux/.
My apologies, For some reason I assumed they were the same thing, now I see they are different models. I'm still not sure wether to go for a savage flux, bullet flux or a jumpshot. I want to stick to HPI but my local model shop says HPI have been superseded by other company’s so stay clear 🤷‍♂️. All very confusing.

You need to check availability of spares for whatever car. Some HPI spares my not be as available as the trendiest ones such as Arrma/Traxxas. HPI are only just coming back after administration,, new buyer and covid. Every model will have pros and cons. Smaller scale 1/10 is more suited for smaller bashing areas, 1/8 usually means more voltage, being faster requires bigger bash area if you like going full throttle. Ask the model shop, which one is it if in uk, what parts may break and are there spares in stock. Buggys have little ground clearance, truggys more, monster trucks more. So choosing type may depend where you bash and its type of surface.

You need to check availability of spares for whatever car. Some HPI spares my not be as available as the trendiest ones such as Arrma/Traxxas. HPI are only just coming back after administration,, new buyer and covid. Every model will have pros and cons. Smaller scale 1/10 is more suited for smaller bashing areas, 1/8 usually means more voltage, being faster requires bigger bash area if you like going full throttle. Ask the model shop, which one is it if in uk, what parts may break and are there spares in stock. Buggys have little ground clearance, truggys more, monster trucks more. So choosing type may depend where you bash and its type of surface.
Great advice, thanks very much for your help on this Lokky. I will take your words of advice while I search for my new vehicle.

Its too bad HPI #106279 isn't available, that's the only thing keeping us from a center diff using HPI parts. They are so simple they could be reproduced easily. I have a couple trucks done this way if you want dimensions to try and make your own.

They're based in USA and may not ship to some countries. You can also find Savage parts on Aliexpress. I don't know how effective/reliable this centre diff performs, as always went with Alza centre diff mount.

Have not had good luck with the Bullet. Breaks all the time. The new ones might me better. Would suggest a different car.

Latest posts

Members online

Back