Adding nitromethane to rtr fuel possible?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fstndt

Hello, is it fine to change fuel? I heard I'll have to break in my engines all over againšŸ¤¦. I'm planning to change from Merlin 25% fuel to this:Screenshot_20230520_190006_Chrome.jpgI'd like to atleast make it 20% nitro. So is it possible to add some of this nitromethane:Screenshot_20230520_190239_Marktplaats.jpgto the ready rtr merlin 16% nitro fuel? Or might the methane be gone "bad" and is there a way to tell...

Are you sure the 16% is nitro content and not the oil content of that merlin fuel? mixing in extra nitro may be a challenge, you will need a graduated beaker to measure it properly...

Are you sure the 16% is nitro content and not the oil content of that merlin fuel? mixing in extra nitro may be a challenge, you will need a graduated beaker to measure it properly...
Thanks
Yes... and 10% oil. I do think I'll buy that 4.5L nitromethane, as it also comes with 4.5L castor oilšŸ‘

Just out of interest why are you going to the trouble of mixing your own, do you have difficulty getting hold of ready mixed fuel in your part of the world?

Latest posts

Members online

Back