Addicted, lots of wrenching...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JVT73

I'm dug in deep! The 1 1/2 Savages that I bought off eBay showed up today! Purchased a x4.6 roller with the fixings for a XL. Lots of parts, extra trany, etc... Inspecting the engine in this purchase, I discovered it had been poorly taken care of. See pic's, a word to the wise, always do a complete inspection of the stuff you buy. If I would have run this truck she would have detonated!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 0
I'm dug in deep! The 1 1/2 Savages that I bought off eBay showed up today! Purchased a x4.6 roller with the fixings for a XL. Lots of parts, extra trany, etc... Inspecting the engine in this purchase, I discovered it had been poorly taken care of. See pic's, a word to the wise, always do a complete inspection of the stuff you buy. If I would have run this truck she would have detonated!
Mm nice, where did the chunk of metal come from?

Diff time, anyone still use the composite diff cases?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 1
Diff time, anyone still use the composite diff cases?

I changed mine out as soon as I got the basket of parts that was to become my Savage. never looked back, alloy diff cases are the only way to fly......

I changed mine out as soon as I got the basket of parts that was to become my Savage. never looked back, alloy diff cases are the only way to fly......
Ok, thnx. I'm in a similar situation, I have bags of parts just thrown together & trying to sort out the junk.

Good catch with the engine. Glad to see people still take the time to check things out before running the snot out of them. You'd be surprised how many, even around here, would not have....... ;) :D

Good catch with the engine. Glad to see people still take the time to check things out before running the snot out of them. You'd be surprised how many, even around here, would not have....... ;) :D
I learned this the hard way. I'd only been in the hobby a few months and some screws from a motor mount (non HPI) worked loose and I lost the motor mount. They don't have that any more. Going to throw some washers in there to substitute. I'll take the one I have and have a coworker make a new one. It's just a rectangle piece of aluminum with 2 holes for the screws to pass through. It's just a spacer between the engine and the motor mounts to give it more clearance from the frame.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back