Ace of Spades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zane

one and only...
Okay, let me just start by saying I do not have the parts yet... I am just trying to save space, and only make one thread for my questions and build (once I get the parts for X-mas/B-day).

My plans for my savage are to keep it a cheap, yet beastly racer/basher (the closest track is 40 minutes away...). I will be giving it a full budget treatment over the next two months (my birthday is in January) that will include FLM extended low cg TVP's, a mid tank conversion, and just the other standard upgrades. I will be keeping the stock engine until it dies, or I see a real need for a new one, which will be a Axial .28. Please bare with me as I will have a lot of questions today, and tomorrow while I attempt to sort out what I need, and don't need for this. Please do not suggest parts that will dramatically alter the price, because I do not want to be tempted. Also, PLEASE post, and share any thoughts or opinions you have since I need to inform my dad of my choices so that he can order this, and still have time for it to arrive before Christmas; I need to send him the links for everything tomorrow night.

This is my list of parts I am planning on buying as of now, please feel free to suggest something else, but try (crosses fingers) to keep the price minimal.

FLM extended TVP's- you all know what these do...
FLM mid tank mount- mid tank mod done easy. Question: Can you mount the steering servo on this up side down?
HB D8 fuel tank, 150cc?- fuel tank for mid tank mod... duhh :)
ZO1B radio box- Planning on making a L bracket out of some thick plastic I found in my neighbor's recycle, and mounting the box facing sideways to allow the steering servo room... and just to be different.
Receiver/servo pack, 1600mah- already have
Shock make over- Limiting (how much should I limit them?), new oil (what viscosity?), and possibly new springs: do I need them?
Associated servo mounts- would these work for the engine-side servo mod?
Web Page Name
RC screwz screw kit- I live by the ocean
6x10 bearings- steering rack bearings Web Page Name
Revo 3.3 harddrive body- should be perfect fit, and is racy!
Associated RC8/T wing mount/wing- what kind of bracket do I need to make to mount this fit on the stock shock tower?
RPM center skid plate- looks sweet, and works well
Dynamite 086- looks great, works great

Even though you all know what a stock savage looks like, I will post pictures of mine any way....

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

Btw, I can't get over the smiles on this forum... just great

:turtle:

first off welcome to the forum!!! and your on the right track as far as your "parts list" goes and becoming a member here was another good choice lol and never be afraid to ask questions here at the forum,thats what were all here for "to learn from one another"

Off to a good start add the rsc to that list though

So much for keeping the price minimal :duh:
haha, maybe in the future...

Thanks guys! this place is great so far!

Okay, let me just start by saying I do not have the parts yet... I am just trying to save space, and only make one thread for my questions and build (once I get the parts for X-mas/B-day).

My plans for my savage are to keep it a cheap, yet beastly racer/basher (the closest track is 40 minutes away...). I will be giving it a full budget treatment over the next two months (my birthday is in January) that will include FLM extended low cg TVP's, a mid tank conversion, and just the other standard upgrades. I will be keeping the stock engine until it dies, or I see a real need for a new one, which will be a Axial .28. Please bare with me as I will have a lot of questions today, and tomorrow while I attempt to sort out what I need, and don't need for this. Please do not suggest parts that will dramatically alter the price, because I do not want to be tempted. Also, PLEASE post, and share any thoughts or opinions you have since I need to inform my dad of my choices so that he can order this, and still have time for it to arrive before Christmas; I need to send him the links for everything tomorrow night.

This is my list of parts I am planning on buying as of now, please feel free to suggest something else, but try (crosses fingers) to keep the price minimal.

FLM extended TVP's- you all know what these do...
FLM mid tank mount- mid tank mod done easy. Question: Can you mount the steering servo on this up side down? Yes. Check out the mid tank forum for some great ideas
HB D8 fuel tank, 150cc?- fuel tank for mid tank mod... duhh :)
ZO1B radio box- Planning on making a L bracket out of some thick plastic I found in my neighbor's recycle, and mounting the box facing sideways to allow the steering servo room... and just to be different.
Receiver/servo pack, 1600mah- already have
Shock make over- Limiting (how much should I limit them?), new oil (what viscosity?), and possibly new springs: do I need them? Depends on what you want to do and what ride height you are looking for. Most use 35wt oil, springs are a personal coice, I like the silver springs on the big bores and the triple rate springs on the stockers.
Associated servo mounts- would these work for the engine-side servo mod?
Web Page Name
RC screwz screw kit- I live by the ocean Are these stainless? Understand living by the ocean, but stainless screws are like butter
6x10 bearings- steering rack bearings Web Page Name
Revo 3.3 harddrive body- should be perfect fit, and is racy!
Associated RC8/T wing mount/wing- what kind of bracket do I need to make to mount this fit on the stock shock tower?
RPM center skid plate- looks sweet, and works well
Dynamite 086- looks great, works great. Look into purenitro's new pipe. Bank is doing a review and it looks to be a great pipe.

Even though you all know what a stock savage looks like, I will post pictures of mine any way....

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr89/Truggyluva/Micro%20T/IMG_0808.jpg
[IMG]http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr89/Truggyluva/Micro%20T/IMG_0807.jpg
[IMG]http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr89/Truggyluva/Micro%20T/IMG_0808.jpg

Btw, I can't get over the smiles on this forum... just great

:turtle:[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Red]Only other thing I can think of is to get a set of big bore shocks. Next ot the RSC probably the #2 upgrade for the savy.[/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
Only other thing I can think of is to get a set of big bore shocks. Next ot the RSC probably the #2 upgrade for the savy.

Yes, the Rc screwz are stainless... I've never had any strip though?

I have stripped the heads more than the bodies. But on the fastners that need a good torque(engine mounts bolts, tvp's) I have taken out a few bodies also.

Hmm... what should I do then? I hate rust hammer time

I use hardened steel screws, have not had a big rust problem. regular cleaning and some wd-40 will prevent the rust

I haven't had a problem with the stainless, so I think I will just get them... I will keep the stock screws for the motor mount etc, but I love not having to WD40 them after every run..

Things rust like crazy when you live 1 block from the ocean!

Alright, I have a question: will any other box besides for the CEN radio box work for that type of mid tank, with everything inside the TVP's?

I suppose you might be able to fit the RPM box in there with a smaller tank, but I'm not sure, never tried it. Where do you live Zane? I'm by the ocean too in northern California. Welcome to the forum BTW!

I suppose you might be able to fit the RPM box in there with a smaller tank, but I'm not sure, never tried it. Where do you live Zane? I'm by the ocean too in northern California. Welcome to the forum BTW!

near Pismo

I think I might just go with the OFNA 250cc tank.. seems like the easiest set up since I can't find the CEN radio box at either of the shops I am ordering from...

Alright, I've decided what I am getting... here is my final list (crossfingers....)

From tower:

LXTBL0 RC Screwz Stainless Steel Screw Kit Savage X .46
1 23.99
LXTVD0 Ofna Fuel Tank 1/7 Scale
1 14.99
LXDGR1 RPM Receiver Box Black GT
2 9.49
LXBL85 Ofna Linkage Sliders Kit Blue (2)
1 2.89
LXBM06 Ofna Servo Linkage Kit Blue
1 7.59
LXGBU7 Ofna CNC Double Servo Arm Blue JR/Fut/Hit/Air
1 6.69
LXTKJ4 Traxxas Wing Mount Revo
1 9.39
LXTKJ5 Traxxas Wing Black Revo
1 12.99
LXFEP9 Ofna Fuel Line Tubing Blue 2'
1 1.95
LXRUP0 Associated Factory Team Antenna Mount TC5

1 1.99
Save $15 on $100 order

Sub-Totals: In-Stock Items: $101.45
Back Orders: $.00

Combined: $101.45

From stormer:

FLM46000 Savage Servo Mounts, aluminum

$7.95 $15.90

FLM45100 Savage Extended Twin Vertical Plate Set-Low CG, aluminum (2

1 $54.95 $54.95

LOSA6946 8B/8T/8T 2.0 RTR Rubber Sealed Bearings, 6 x 10mm (4)

$10.95 $10.95

FLM45500 Savage Servo Plate, aluminum

$12.95 $12.95

Subtotal, excluding shipping:
$94.75

Grand total: $181.20 :smiliejam: not too bad....

I am just going to do a ghetto style body until my B-day, and extend my cut up stocker... :resp:

sounds like it going to be a nice savy when your done..please if you can post some pics of it when your done, "WE ALL LOVE PICS!!" lol

Oh yes, I will post plenty of pics! :)

SHIPPED! :rock::smiliejam::getdown::pnclsmilie:

eide: leaving for the Grand Canyon... will try to get on.

Off to a great start! One thing to keep in mind - it gets addictive FAST, wanting one more mod, one more fix LOL...

Bob

Off to a great start! One thing to keep in mind - it gets addictive FAST, wanting one more mod, one more fix LOL...

Bob

Yeah... I know :0

I've been into this hobby for two years and I have 7 trucks... :cussing:
Addictive, and expensive...

Update: I got an email from stormer saying everything has been shipped, but nothing from tower yet... :Meh:

Everything has been shipped... It's looking like it will all get here between the 24th, and the 29th...

Here is what I ordered (a little different from above):

Ofna CNC Double Servo Arm Blue JR/Fut/Hit/Air $6.69
RPM Receiver Box Black GT $18.98
Ofna Servo Linkage Kit Blue $7.59
Ofna Fuel Line Tubing Blue 2' $1.95
RC Screwz Stainless Steel Screw Kit Savage X .46 $23.99
Ofna Linkage Sliders Kit Blue (2) $2.89
DuraTrax Antenna Tube w/Cap Micro Street Force (5) $1.79
Hot Bodies Deck Wing Holder Lightning $5.79
Associated Factory Team Antenna Mount TC5 $1.99
Ofna Fuel Tank 1/7 Scale $14.99
Pro-Line 1/8 High Downforce Wing Black $14.99

Savage Servo Mounts, aluminum $15.90
Savage Extended Twin Vertical Plate Set-Low CG, aluminum (2 $54.95
8B/8T/8T 2.0 RTR Rubber Sealed Bearings, 6 x 10mm (4) 1 $10.95
Savage Servo Plate, aluminum $12.95
Subtotal, excluding shipping:
$94.75

:resp:

I stripped the whole thing down today, and cleaned it. I would post some pictures, but I can't seem to find my cord to connect my camera to my computer... hmmm. I think my cat ate it

Edit, 12/25/09: My dad just showed up with my FLM mid tank mount, servo mounts, and steering bearings. Hopefully the Tower stuff will show up tomorrow or the next day... For some reason I have a foreboding feeling that it won't though :boxers:

Got some progress pics... not much, but they are better then nothing!

IMG_4108.jpg

IMG_4109.jpg

IMG_4112.jpg

Love the wing... nice n' shiny :beer:

I faced a set back in my funds for this, so I probably won't be getting the big bores any time soon... :dunno:

I got my radio box all together, and did some mock ups yesterday... Made me decide on a race style body instead of the truck C10 body I wanted...

IMG_4118.jpg

IMG_4119.jpg

IMG_4122.jpg

IMG_4121.jpg

Members online

Back