Aaaaand...I need a new clutch-bell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doginjeep

When Jamracing1 says you should probably use a hardened clutch-bell, he's right. I actually have one, but it's on another Savage. I tried to get in a test run on this stock bell, but guess what? When your receiver pack dies and your fail-safe isn't set properly, you'll rip up a clutch-bell.
image.jpg

NEENER NEENER !!!! :lmao: looks like that spur is a lil worse for wear also Dog :DOH::LMAO-large::hardlaugh::lmao::whoo: damn nice work on the bell tho

Yeah that spur gear was like that from the po. When I got the truck, the motor mount looked mis-aligned. The wear pattern hasn't changed since I've had it. Been using it on the other truck for a few tanks.

Time for a Robinson Racing clutch bell/ spur gear combo. :)

Robinson bells arent as hard as you might think. Get an Ofna hardened. Best on the market IMO

Never had an issue with my Robinson gears. But if ofna indeed makes a better product, thanks for the suggestion.

Never had an issue with my Robinson gears. But if ofna indeed makes a better product, thanks for the suggestion.

Too late, ordered a RR from the LHS. Thanks for all the input people.

Anybody see a problem with the alignment? The spur is making contact at the edge of the CB gears, I don't know what else I can do with the hardware to correct it.

I check the mount to be square every time I re-install it. I don't think its because of anything I've done. You can see the wearing on the spur, it's from the previous owner. What I'm concerned about is the front to back positioning of the motor so that the spur can make contact at the middle of the CB, not at one side like it was. The plate doesn't allow for that adjustment. I can't get the CB any further onto the crank shaft. What should I do?

It should definitely be better centered on the clutch bell. Can you take some more pictures showing the area? Maybe we'll see whats causing it to seat so far forward.

Latest posts

Members online

Back