A new build from the ground up. aka "Anger Management"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a new part that I think I might be able to make work on this build.
STS Linkage
119fcb79.jpg

63e9d838.jpg

Give me your thoughts.

WOW!:eyecrazy:

does that linkage give you full carb opening?

doesnt look like it will give much movement of the carb.

looks good though

Here is a pic that shows the carb open without the arm and then with the arm.
a68afb7d.jpg

I wont post a pic of something if it hasn't been tested; and for what this part cost me it sure as :satan: better work.
These parts are not uncommon they are used typically in cars that had a rotary carb and then were switched to a slide carb. This also has 2 bearings on the arm for smooth operation.

that looks sweet bud. the silver will go with the black mill and the nova mount very nicely. i was gunna say what polly said, but your pics mean i don't have to! nice work.

another innovative throttle mod by jt...very, very nice!!

another innovative throttle mod by jt...very, very nice!!

Unfortuantely I can't take the credit for building or thinking of the concept, it was a part that I found looking at various sites. It is designed for use in cars that had a rotary carb and have been switched to a slide carb.

be that as it may, that mill didn't come with a rotary carb...so who would have thought to use it?? too modest dude...it's sweet work, regardless...

We'll guys I know it has been awhile but I have got more parts to show you and I have ordered a bunch more last night so more to come in the following week or so. ;)

Integy Center Link
59ed1143.jpg

ea1ce052.jpg

Integy C-Hubs
5f4f3089.jpg

c84d0d1b.jpg

Integy Steering Upright
a5620c23.jpg

f105a44e.jpg

Here is the C-Hub and Steering Upright assembled
ed8eac9e.jpg

136f7e12.jpg

Integy Throttle Mixing Valve Arm (just in case I cant get the STS linkage to work ;) )
53243ec6.jpg

Rear Hubs
fc08e467.jpg

e249b2ce.jpg

092894c9.jpg

Nova Shock towers
5a713376.jpg

Check back soon more parts have been ordered, and as always open to comments. ;)

looks sweet JT as always. this truck is gonna turn alot of heads. Maybe be even get some people to join the hobby grade R/C scene. Keep up the good work.

If you don't mind how much is this all adding up to?
I'll let you know when I'm done;)

Ok got more parts, things are getting closer.

Hitec Throttle Servo HS-625MG
168753a2.jpg

Mugen clutch shoe springs 1.0
f06d8df5.jpg

Mugen Nut
32876020.jpg

HPI Flywheel
dad88f9c.jpg

Heres some pics with the shoe's installed
0bfaa764.jpg

and finally with the clutch bell, 17 tooth HPI vented hardened bell, and the XSS spacer to eliminate the brass old style spacer.
e7df8824.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great JT! That clutch bell looks really neat. ^_^ What other parts are you waiting on?

Looks great JT! That clutch bell looks really neat. ^_^ What other parts are you waiting on?

Not a lot more the body is getting sent to the painter as I type and some other parts are on their way to me currently also; should only be a short time left.

[hs] darkshine;16669 said:
looking good bro. the linkage looks kick a$$ with the black mill and the nova mount.

Thanks bud I just hope I can make it work like I want it to:dunno:

If it don't iam sure u can make it work man its gotta be tuff waiting for parts I HATE IT !!!!!!!! looks killer man

JT you always amaze me. Your choice of parts is killer. The truck is gonna be sick when it is all complete. You should give your self a pat on the back. This is a well done built. A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

hey this is a coll build. if you don't mind me asking what is the rear hub made by? looks cool with one peice design.keep us informed.

hey this is a coll build. if you don't mind me asking what is the rear hub made by? looks cool with one peice design.keep us informed.

Here is a link, Rear Hubs

I hope that was what you were looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah thanks alot JT. tell me what you think about them. i am interested in them but i wonder if they can take the abuse?

Could ask Bamasavage and XJeepguy, they also got a set and I think they have already starting running their savage.

Man u need to get thoes tvps so u can start putting it together !!!!!! looking good! it would kill me not to be able to peice it all together!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back