A new build from the ground up. aka "Anger Management"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the ones that are black now on the gs ones think its the best combo

lol! black rims, with those tyres, i think they'll suite the body better. i like the lines a lot better of the black ones, i aint that keen on the white ones shape...imo.

hey jt what kind of body are you going with ???????

I am thinking about a unpainted Grave Digger body, that will be painted by someone other than me, and it wont be a grave digger I just want the 50's panel van body.

Looking very nice Buddy.....dam that is a nice motor..all black..i almost had one like that myself!!!!!

Yeah I know you did, thank you for keeping the deal. ;)

What is a midtank?

Simply put instead of having a fuel tank next to the engine like a stock savage, the fuel tank is in the middle of the truck aka where your radio box is.

fuel for da fire

What is a midtank?

Ocremy midtank mods are done for primarily three reasons.

1. The stock savage tank has a shelf within it. As your fuel run's lower and lower, it gets to a point where its surface area changes and causes different pressure within the tank causing the infamous "half tank lean". The mid tank mod 99.9 % of the time has a tank without any kind of shelf or inconsistent design.

2. Weight Distribution, the throttle/brake servo is moved to where your stock tank is located. And the new tank is located typically where the throttle/receiver/battery would be between your TVP frame.

3. BLING BLING BABY!

JT is the Mr. T of mid tank bling....

"I pity the fool who aint got no midtank!" - JT

OK guys, wow there has been 2.5 pages of talk since last pics. I have nothing new yet to share but I want to revisit page 6 discussion. Rims and tires- I finally got the white rims dyed so now I want the opinions again. I had a hard time visualizing what the white would look like black, it came out better than I had ever expected.
Dirt Dawg tires
HPI Q6 on left--GS Offset on right
9fc14cea.jpg

GS Racing tire
GS offset on left--HPI Q6 on right
6995bfa6.jpg

Lets hear the thoughts and comments.

i still think gs tyre on the hpi rim bud. will the offset make a huge difference, yes the hpi look nicer to me, but if the truck behaves a lot better with the offset rims, plus they will be a black blur at speed, both types will be, i mean...

i like!!!! they wheels are cool, they suit the black, gives them a moody look.

i like the gs off-set on the top right. but i like the hpi as well. as far as looks go i think it's splitting hairs. i'm with HS which ever one preforms the best.

OK guys, wow there has been 2.5 pages of talk since last pics. I have nothing new yet to share but I want to revisit page 6 discussion. Rims and tires- I finally got the white rims dyed so now I want the opinions again. I had a hard time visualizing what the white would look like black, it came out better than I had ever expected.
Dirt Dawg tires
HPI Q6 on left--GS Offset on right
9fc14cea.jpg

GS Racing tire
GS offset on left--HPI Q6 on right
6995bfa6.jpg

Lets hear the thoughts and comments.

wow...those really took the dye well!! did you just soak them? or heat the dyye solution? let me know the trick, as mine just arrived, and I'm thinking RED for my racer now...so those rims are GS then?

wow...those really took the dye well!! did you just soak them? or heat the dyye solution? let me know the trick, as mine just arrived, and I'm thinking RED for my racer now...so those rims are GS then?

I brought the dye bath to a simmer then submerged all 4 rims at the same time and let them go for 20 minutes or so. I was truly amazed on how well they turned out, even keeping the glossy finish on the rim. After they cooled I rinsed the rims off in cool water and wiped them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back