A Must Have For a High Torque Steering Servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derty Werk

A Stiffer Spring for your Servo Saver. Most People Just reccomend tightning down the stock spring which does help but the drawback is that the servo saver cant do its job as effectively. Thats where the stiffer spring comes in. Ive found that the spring off a Monster Pirate servo saver works great. Also if you haven't upgraded your steering post bushings with bearings ive got good news for you too. There are two different stock #'s for the MP servo saver one with bearings (These fit the Savage) OFN18098 and one w/out bearings OFN18034. Now some pics Because everybody loves pics

Monster Pirate Spring on the Left Stock Savage Spring on the Right
2j333b5.jpg

Stock Servo Saver Spring Installed
nb87pj.jpg

Monster Pirate Spring Installed on Stock Savage Servo Saver
9tekjk.jpg

awesome link. i just bought the stiffer spring and bearings. thanks for the recommendation. 11 bucks for the whole kit is great. i'm kinda a newb...bearings are always good over bushings, but what benefits does a stiffer spring have over the stock? and how much should i tighten it down?

Great tip. Just saved this thread to come back to it a bit later. Like to try this out. Thanks for the part number and link

awesome link. i just bought the stiffer spring and bearings. thanks for the recommendation. 11 bucks for the whole kit is great. i'm kinda a newb...bearings are always good over bushings, but what benefits does a stiffer spring have over the stock? and how much should i tighten it down?

The stiffer spring will allow your HT steering servo to function w/out overpowering the stock servo saver. If you just tighten the stock spring down you basically make it useless in a big crash because the servo saver doesnt have enough throw to absorb the impact. Youll want to tighten it down to about what the stock spring should be at and adjust from there. Let me know how it turns out for you.

Great job Derty Werk ! This is one thing I have been wanting to upgrade on my Savvy for ages. Thanks to you, I can now do so ! :resp: +rep

The only thing I can see different with the pirate spring , is that it hasn't been ground flat on the ends like the stock one. This probably won't cause any issues, but it could easily be done with a dremel if it needed it.

You are correct they are not ground down. It doesnt seem to hinder the smoothness of the servo saver though imo. This is one of the best $8 ive spent on my savage well 16 since i bought 2.

Just so I (as a Savage newbie) understand, all that is needed is the spring, I've already fitted a set of bearings, from the Ofna saver and I would improve the steering??

Just so I (as a Savage newbie) understand, all that is needed is the spring, I've already fitted a set of bearings, from the Ofna saver and I would improve the steering??

Yup all you need then is the spring and i would say that it does improve your steering

Told the guy at the lhs what i was looking for he happened to own a monster pirate (actually a couple of them i guess) and said the spring off of a MP would work great and it does

I have tried it, and it works great. Servo has full turning capability as a stock servo saver tightened down all the way, but with the saving action of a servo saver when needed.

Awesome find dirty werk. I have the 5955tg servos in mine and the stock spring is way too weak.

Are there any decent quality alloy servo savers for the savage out there? Not particular interested in the cheap integy soft alloy stuff.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back