A more stable savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevage

What are some good things to upgrade to make my savage more stable.The first thing i'm going to do is upgrade my chassis to the FLM LCG extended .How much of a difference is that gonna make?Is there something else i should get,like how about the nova hub extensions,is that a worth while upgrade.Is there anymore suggestions.

The Extended LCG is a great adder. Another is to get off set wheels and to lower the stance. Personally I would stay away from the hub extenders because they are hard on the C-Hubs/barings and so on. Another thing that help is lower profile tires. You can also get some sway bars but there are few of them out there.

Personally I would stay away from the hub extenders because they are hard on the C-Hubs/barings and so on.

The word of truth. I bought the 1" Nova RC Extenders and if you do any amount of bashing with these you will be replacing your bearings and axles soon after. I warped out the holes for the hex pins to the front axle after about 2 hours of bashing. At the moment I'm running it shimmed with washers till i get my replacement axles.

If you want to get better control stance wise, I would go with 1/2 or 3/4 extended wheels instead.

Just my opinion from personal experience. Could of been a freak coincidence :dunno:

How about gettin the losi shocks,will that make a big difference.

The LST shocks will dampen the bumps much better but the stockers are great shocks to they just take some more playing to get them to work correctly like light weight oil and to lower the stance softer springs. The LST's are very nice though. I run them on my basher with the hard anodized threaded bodys and all they are very nice but very expensave.

some of these but they are a little pricey

imagemagic.php.jpg

heres a link:
http://www.fastlanemachine.com/PublicPortal/NitroProducts/Savage/tabid/56/Default.aspx

nubz tires or something similar that does not expand at high speed,

I also use thicker shock oil on the road savy

1.) LCG Chassis.

2.) Any rim with a 1/2" offset or greater.

3.) Lower your shocks.

4.) A lighter savage tends to be more nimble and stable as well so reducing the weight of your ride helps.

Hey guys thanks for all those suggestions.The deeper the rim the more offset,RIGHT?

Members online

Back