A little help please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pope

Okay looking to do a few more things to the savage and need some opinions.

What are the best diff cups for the savage? something that uses 8mm inner diamater bearing would be great.

Thinking of going with FLM bulkheads what do you guys think. For those that don't know my truck It is a CF race savage running a ERCM picco.

Just a little experament

I got a set of FLM xl hybrid bulks and want to do a little testing. I have run into a issue with the Composite bulkheads wearing where the bearings sit so thats what started me thinking.

Not sure how much the composite bulkheads weigh but the FLM weigh 191 grams or 6.73oz not to bad really but I am going to remove quite a bit of them to make them work with the RSC and than take off more where I can. I figure in the end they will be a little less than twice the weight of the stock bulks.

I will let you know the results. Just ordered them today so they should be here mid next week.

I have them. they are heavy. I don't see the need in a nitro Ercm included. I never had diff issues but some don't really get the shimming right ... They will be in my flux just caz,,,

Okay stock xl bulkhead weights 101oz with the two bracks that would not be needed with the FLM bulkhead so you are looking at 180oz total gain in weight before modding them.

I figure in the end they will be a little less than twice the weight of the stock bulks.

What do you care? you got more power on that truck than it can ever possibly need.

I say just make the RSC fit and don't do any more extra grinding till you run it & see if your satisfied with the results or not.

:jamout: :jamout: :jamout:

What do you care? you got more power on that truck than it can ever possibly need.

I say just make the RSC fit and don't do any more extra grinding till you run it & see if your satisfied with the results or not.

:jamout: :jamout: :jamout:

Not worried about the power aspect of it. The more weight the more stuff you break when coming down from 30 feet in the air.

hmmm i like the idea but i think on Carbon truck id exhaust all options to maintain that low weight. even in my flux i don't have issues with the factory cases although I'm still stuck in 4s world.....for now. be sure to put some pics up pope, i always like seeing that truck of yours.

Not worried about the power aspect of it. The more weight the more stuff you break when coming down from 30 feet in the air.

ok, now I'm confizzled.

i thought you gave up bashin caz you made a thread that said & then you were building the race truck & all that.

dint know you were bash again. i still say youll be fine with the bulk weight tho.

Freddy I am a basher through and through but I enjoy racing as well if there is no one to bash with.

Latest posts

Members online

Back