A DAY OF FUN AND DESTRUCTION.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrome

Well I took out a few of my RC"s this weekend and had a great time. Ran a couple of more tanks thru my new Savage. Blew the tranny in my XL 5.9, again. This is the third time I have busted the tranny in this truck, it is less than 6 months old. WTF??? Does any body make stronger gears for the Savage? Apparently the Savage tranny isn't built to take the torque of a tuned 5.9. I have never had any tranny troubles out of my other 3 Savages.
Here are some photos of some of my trucks.

Here is what happened to the tranny in the XL.

Oh, also, it isn't a good day of bashing if you don't break something! Good job!

I also broke the tranny in my Revo with the 3.3 motor, I havnt took it apart yet to see what broke in it.

Well I took my new Savage out to try the ERCM pipe yesterday, this thing makes a ton of power. Broke the tranny in this Savage, just like my 5.9, broke the idler gear and drive gear. I havnt even got my 5.9 and my Revo fixed from last weekend. Three trannys in two weekends.

I got my XL 5.9 fixed last night and ordered the parts to fix my new Savage yesterday. Hopefully it all gets here before the weekend. It was the primary shaft in my Revo tranny that I broke, I ordered it yesterday as well. I hate working on Revos!!! They are a pain in the a** compared to a Savage. I guess I need to loosen up my slipper clutches, I am getting tired of replacing tranny parts.

My new Savage and my XL 5.9 has metal spur gears. My Revo with the 427 has Robinson Racing metal spur gear and slipper clutch but the Revo that I broke the tranny in has a stock TRX 3.3 with the stock spur gear.

I hate working on Revos!!! They are a pain in the a** compared to a Savage.

You sir, speak the god's honest truth there. My Revo is lucky it is not sticking half way through a wall. Never had a transmission issue and I actually run my slippers on it tight. My issues come from an elusive air leak and running lean (since discovered it was in the engine so I sealed the whole thing), Carb linkage issues to the new Losi carb, now I have a weird electronics issue. The steering servos will center when turned on then after a few seconds will start glitching like crazy. Using stock 2055 servos so it's not a glitch buster fixable problem. They are not fighting each other either because I have taken the horns off and centered them and reattached the horns. Stupid design IMO. It also doesn't always bind up to the Tx when its turned on. It also has a wicked crazy torque steer issue when you hit WOT from any speed. Stupid thing is driving me bat s!@t crazy. Much rather wrench on the savvy.

My new Savage and my XL 5.9 has metal spur gears. My Revo with the 427 has Robinson Racing metal spur gear and slipper clutch but the Revo that I broke the tranny in has a stock TRX 3.3 with the stock spur gear.
Ive always ran composite on my nitro's. that way, if all else fails, the spur gear strips and saves my tranny.

Yeah Hopit, it might have been. I have since loosened it up, hopefully this helps. I had them set pretty tight because my Savage 25 with the Losi 454 is bad about going through slipper pads. I have replaced slipper pads on that truck many times, if it slips once it seems like it glazes the pad and then even tightening it all the way after that doesn't help.

So it's just a case of the weak point moving all the time. This is the price you pay for extreme power I guess? No pain no gain hey?

So it's just a case of the weak point moving all the time. This is the price you pay for extreme power I guess? No pain no gain hey?

There is ALWAYS a weak point. It just moves as you upgrade components and power levels.

Latest posts

Members online

Back