$80 burning hole in pocket...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tatter

Gonna be ordering some parts from Tower. If you had just a basic "used" Savage and $80 burning a hole in your pocket, what would you buy?
I need to pick up some extra spurs, but other than that how would you suggest the best "bang for the buck"?
This is kind of a dumb post, but I'm bored, at work, and I go on vacation in a week, so I wanna be set for a week of being lazy and uninterrupted bashing.

Oops. My bad. I have a hump pack, hitech steering servo and good tires and wheely bar. Anything else? Maybe looking into a pipe though.

if your going on vacation where you don't have acess to a lhs, i would stil stick with my list. make sure you have enough nitro.

failsafe's a good idea if you don't already have one already...

Last edited by a moderator:
ofna linkage setup, Bearings to replace bushings in the steering posts, three speed trans upgrade kit with high speed gear set, wheely bar.

Check out www.smfstore.com cheaper prices and shiping

I would look into upgadeing the screws to all hex and get a good tool kit and you should have enough noney left to get he hpi polished pipe.

If I end up getting a Spektrum radio, will that cure any "runaway" issues, or should I still get a fail-safe? I'd hate to spend $70 on a fail safe and then spend $200 for a radio if I wont need the fail safe anymore. (I'm thinking down the road)

You cant run both together. they like to fight and you wont have any fun at all.
If you plan to get the Spektrum soon than it MIGHT be okay to wait. But I wouldnt wait long.
BTW. A failsafe is between $20 and $30

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back