8 Big Bores Mounted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumpy1822

Savage Owner
Mounted them up today. Had to make some spacers out of an old set of A arms. Thats Tmaxx springs, colars, and perch on the inner front. They have goos stiffness without interfering with the steering.

Ive dropped the truck from 6-8 feet and it does not bottom out despite weighing 15lbs. I haven't started experimenting with oils or spacers yet.

Nice, I like the idea of the half springs up front and the progressive springs setup in the corners. Can you tell us what springs/ parts you used? I'm sure there are others who would like to try a different setup. Let us know how they do when driving it.

They are Tmaxx red springs/ Also Tmaxx colars and perches. I just used them on the front inside shocks so they wouldnt rub the tie rods. The other 6 are just as they come from HPI.

With the FLM towers, I had to make some spacers. I used ends off of some old A arms. HPI shock bolts to hold everything together

so ya just doin the back shocks on the front, let us know how that works caz I am interested in how it actually works on the dirt...... maybe get a vid of the system in action.... Good Job man......

Ran it a bit today. Still breaking in the new engine. They are a little stiff. They performed great on jumps. They were just a bit stiff when cornering. Rolled over a few times. I may go with a softer set of springs. My old LSTs were plush but bottomed out on jumps. These don't.

Latest posts

Members online

Back