6s LiPo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Williams

Hey guys, quick question, how many horse powers am i running on 6s LiPo? Cheers! :)

Search the web for how to calculate HP for electric motor. Will be fraction of HP. What are you trying to determine and why?

Search the web for how to calculate HP for electric motor. Will be fraction of HP. What are you trying to determine and why?
I`m just curious. It says on google Thus max power = 120a x 25.2v = 3024watts, and this equals 4.05HP. Is that really true?

120a is way to high. 3S puts out 6800 mAH. m means millie amps which are fractions of one amp. 120 amp would melt things quick. One welds at 80 amps. 25 volts is to high as well, I think. Full charge would only have 22v and would very quickly drop off. My thinking. There are others much smarter than I how this topic. Hope they jump in and enlighten us on this.

Also our batteries drop off quick, not like a motor hooked to a power grid. There is HP and then there is torque. They are measured different. A diesel is torque. F1 race engine is HP.

The XL Flux is a beast and lots of fun with lots of potential. If you want to take your beast to uncontrollably beast, down the road look at a center diff.

120a is way to high. 3S puts out 6800 mAH. m means millie amps which are fractions of one amp. 120 amp would melt things quick. One welds at 80 amps. 25 volts is to high as well, I think. Full charge would only have 22v and would very quickly drop off. My thinking. There are others much smarter than I how this topic. Hope they jump in and enlighten us on this.

Also our batteries drop off quick, not like a motor hooked to a power grid. There is HP and then there is torque. They are measured different. A diesel is torque. F1 race engine is HP.

The XL Flux is a beast and lots of fun with lots of potential. If you want to take your beast to uncontrollably beast, down the road look at a center diff.
I have herd about a center diff but what does it do ?

I have herd about a center diff but what does it do ?
It says:
#160130 - Center Diff Set
Standard Parts

Transform the handling of you Savage Flux V2 with this Center Differential Set.

The center differential allows the front and rear axles of the vehicle to rotate at a different speed depending on the traction levels at each axle: lower traction = faster speed. The effect is to allow you to accelerate harder before the front end of the vehicle lifts and flips over, but this comes at the expense standing backflips and makes it harder to wheelie.

The center differential uses the same case and internal gears as the front and rear differentials, and is a sealed design so it can be filled with silicone oil. Filling a center differential with oil allows you to tune the amount of diff action to your liking. HPI Racing recommends using at 100k CST oil as a starting point (not included).

The Center Differential Set is supplied unassembled and requires the following parts transfering from the car to complete the conversion:
#111167 - Idler Gear 31TX1M (Steel)
#160139 - Cup Joint 6x13x20mm (2pcs)

But i like to wheelie so maybe not for me.

That goes in the factory transmission. The one I refer to replaces the factory transmission. Takes a new mount for it and the motor. Makes more of a direct drive. Seach this site and will find lots of information and videos on performance. It takes time to research an understand it all. Down the road stuff to study on. It is a bit of an undertaking to get all the right parts.

That goes in the factory transmission. The one I refer to replaces the factory transmission. Takes a new mount for it and the motor. Makes more of a direct drive. Seach this site and will find lots of information and videos on performance. It takes time to research an understand it all. Down the road stuff to study on. It is a bit of an undertaking to get all the right parts.
This one from Alza? This is the one I'm looking at. https://shop.alza-racing.com/en/flux-hp-standard/26-center-differential-kit.html

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back