5 inch extended chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash

link to site click here

hsv144_t__home_0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This would be pretty good for a Mid-tank.
Looks like that first pic is with extended arms and hugely over sized wheels.

that is way to big,u are going to need to trailer it just to go bashing.nice find crash lol

^^^ I agree, I'd have nowhere to put that beast in my house. That's why my last R/C purchase was a Micro-DT, LOL

I've been looking to adding some length to my.... truck. :)

Is there any disavantages to going to a longer wheel base?

The wheelies are cool, I might miss them a bit. I Really like to get it all out on the open grass and out in the sand dunes. I think the longer wheel base would help keep the wheels on the ground.

I've seen that conversion before. Never will do it. But as far as nore more wheelies with ext. TVP's, if it's only 1" in the rear with the right gearing, wheelies are still possible. I was pullin short wheellies with a 1" rear ext. TVP's and using a 4-5 yr. old Hpi 25 motor. So, it is possible, just maybe not with the New Era kit.

Is there any brand that is recommended over the others?

I don't mind spending the cash to try out something new, but I would like to keep away from the trash from the start.

You can say goodbye to wheelie pretty much all together with this one, unless you widen it as well, even then it would still struggle to do wheelies.
My FLM Full Extended savage with a K4.6 could pull wheelies with 19/47 gearing. It's only that I lowered the front more than the back that it finally stopped.
Personally, I don't think it's worth spending that much money just to find that you've bought a total piece of crap.

Another suggestion for you, if you ever plan on going to a mid-tank (may stop wheelies), I would suggest the the IRC TVP's over the FLM TVP's. Going with IRC, you can get almost the complete mid-tank swap done using their products. I also believe you can the tank and linkages with the swap set-up. Not 100% sure though. Just a little more for you to ponder over and make a hard decision on what to buy.

I have a truckzilla and don't wast your money. Don't get me wrong, the TVPs are ok but the tires and wheels are junk. I'm going to buy the IRC 6mm/1" lcg and the mid tank for my next upgrade. I don't think you have to worry about junkhere because they have a "no matter what life time warranty"
Sa for the 5' kit and all that you'd have to do to make it look right you'd be adding so much weight to it that you'd be braking parts all the time. I'd think it'd be boring to play with.
Shawn

Hey kd7oir, do you have the twin motor truckzilla or the single?
I love the looks of the twin, although I could never afford it.

You can say goodbye to wheelie pretty much all together with this one, unless you widen it as well, even then it would still struggle to do wheelies.
My FLM Full Extended savage with a K4.6 could pull wheelies with 19/47 gearing. It's only that I lowered the front more than the back that it finally stopped.
Personally, I don't think it's worth spending that much money just to find that you've bought a total piece of crap.

Since when do you get on this site? :retarded:

Anyways, on subject (lol), think of all the awesome things you could dream up doing with this. Rear steer would indefinitely be a must, and you better have some good power to push that thing fully loaded.

well the only thing about having a 5 inch is your not gonna be able to bust a nut, or wheelie or turn with any kind of ease, also to power the extra weight youll more than likely put a big motor in it so now id like to see you find replacement driveshafts for it... lol do i have a point or what???

5 inch extended

DSCN1353.JPG
well stang i have bustted a nut!?lol, and have found many places to buy the drive shafts like, new era,flm ,rcceller and I'm sure theres more, i have two 5 inch extended savys now both with hotbodies .46 i have never done a wheely with these i run 52 13 gears and was really trying to get wheelys but not a chance lol its just to big and for the steering it is pretty bad two lane road to turn around with kongs, not so bad with reg tires

Members online

No members online now.
Back