5.9 one-way bearing in a 4.6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravaging_savage

well i did it. the idiots at a store on ebay sent me the wront part. Funny thing is they look to be identical the only visual difference is that the bearing has grooves kinda of what some people do to the crank. Since it was so close and i don't want to deal with them and fight to get a new item I decide that i would make it fit. the bearing is slightly to big. to fit in the backing plate, and I mean slightly its in way visual. so I did a little grinding and polish on the outer circumfrence of the bearing. It took less then 10 min until it fit just like the original bearing. I got some pics of the bearing I will post them later. It will be maybe a week before I get the truck running. I will keep you guys posted

good luck

hope it works, oneways are so expensive. I have a box of them, my picco outlaw ate them for breakfest

so I did a little grinding and polish on the outer circumfrence of the bearing. It took less then 10 min until it fit just like the original bearing.

Sounds like a good job, but I hope you made a really thorough job of cleaning out the bearing when you finished, otherwise all you efforts won't last very long !

o yea tons of brake cleaner followed by tons of spray lube then alot of after run oil. it should be clean

Yeah i hate buying one ways......

I don't see why they are so expensive, my sts ate them up also, think I went through 5-6 the entire time I had it, and that was 6gallons...

Pics

006.jpg

after 8 gallons on my k4.6 I stopped keeping track of hhow much fuel has through my savage....and it still has the original oneway .........seems that backyard basher may be a "oneway friendly" fuel!!!!

well for me is ~ use F4.6 engine with owb eliminator kit :D

correct me if i am wrong XD

Members online

Back