5.9 mid range setting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richardtf

hello guys...i have a question about the 5.9 mid range setting..basically how do you set the mid range screw?

thanks

yes once you get it set right,seal it in place as the midrange likes to loosen itself at times.....

I wouldnt even touch the mid range (no reason to) plus I touched my mid range on my 5.9 next thing I know it fell out. should be able to get a pretty good toon w/ out touching it. That motor is tough to tune. Good Luck I gave up and bought A lrp .28

like the others said set it flush and then seal it with 1311 or hightemp rtv

I wouldnt even touch the mid range (no reason to) plus I touched my mid range on my 5.9 next thing I know it fell out. should be able to get a pretty good toon w/ out touching it. That motor is tough to tune. Good Luck I gave up and bought A lrp .28

i keep hearing this from people,i wonder whats up with the 5.9? well i never liked the idea of the midrange needle i realize its intended to help u get your engine tuned all the way through its rpm's but they seem like more of bother then anything else...

Last edited by a moderator:
i used 2 part epoxy...screwed it out a little bit.....put some on the threads....screwed it back in flush......them put some on the outside of the side of the carb so she wouldn't move anymore. that's just me....

Latest posts

Members online

Back