5.9 in a 4.6 savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savage_rap

i was thinking of my first project/truck i get a roller 4.6 and put a 5.9 motor in it and have some fun

it would but would there be a lot of money involved in doing it or would i be better off buying eithere one(xl or an x)

I hear the 5.9 isn't a good choice unless you only like low end. They don't really have much for a top end, since the motors only turn out, what is it 25,000RPM against the stock 4.6's over 30,000? It might be an interesting project though, and I will say this. Without a three speed, you'd really need some TALL gearing in the rig.

Here's what I'd do if I was going with an X chassis with a 5.9.

CEN Diffs
FLM Chassis/Bulks/towers
3 Speed Tranny
40 series tires, maybe Big Joes?
Definitely a really nice wheelie bar
250CC Mid Tank

That wouldn't be a bad bet for a super big block 5.9 in an X.

engine.jpg

actually....its 39,500 rpm.

Nice, that I didn't know! I wonder which one I read was 25k max. It was a big ol` motor whatever it was. I thought it was the 5.9 That may be a good choice then! I'm gonna have to look into it myself! :) Good find Dread!

i think i might do this but it will probably be a project that would take awhile and be alot of fun when i'm eventually done

yeah thats somehtin when i get the munny thats what i was goin to try to do with my savage X

The member lifter37 won the forum truck at the WF. It was a regualar savage with rock concepts chassis plates and a 5.9 with a buku pipe. He will be able to tell you what it's like.

the xl has the 3 speed tranny and it gets up and goes once tuned right and the shiftpoints adjusted.

(useful information removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
I have xss with 5,9. 3gear. dynamite pipe. it weele when it shift from 1 to 2 gear. wery fun to drive

Well yah that would be great !

Get a Savage X or SS roller for $245 and the k5.9 for $269 !!

Pretty much the same price as a new XL !

Well yah that would be great !

Get a Savage X or SS roller for $245 and the k5.9 for $269 !!

Pretty much the same price as a new XL !

this thread was b4 we all knew this mill was junk man... The 5.9 is worth about 80 bucks brand new. even then I would not run it..

ya from what i've read it sure didnt live up to all the hype about it.. but cant say personally as i've never ran one!!!

I speak only based on the one I had. Not even quoting all the threads from non-newbies... I paid 120 with full gear clutch,bell, air-filter.. it was only good to get them parts off... lucky if it hit 23K rpm and a F4.6 has more power all day

i agree.....i stick with .28 mills and the Fbomb is a beast is you take care of it and VERY dependable. but....i LOVE MY PICCO.........

Members online

Back