5.9 exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuz

I've read that you can remove the baffle from the stock exhaust for better performance but isn't this needed to create proper back pressure? Thought i'd run it by the pro's before I destroy a perfectly good pipe!!

that Baffle is not like a road bike pipe its a convergence cone that makes sound waves control your motor like vales in a 4 stroke. Look up how glow mills work on a google search. It will help you understand.
O and no don't do it...

I decided to give you more info! Edit*** Wrote it backwards fixed now..

you have a tuned pipe and that what the "baffle" is

Tuned pipes are very important for the 2 strokes in our R/C cars. When the intake and exhaust ports are open at the same time, some of the air/fuel mixture is allowed to exit out the exhaust port. A tuned pipe takes the pressure waves that the engine creates, and shoots them back at the exhaust port, pushing the unburnt air/fuel mixture back into the engine. This is why just a tuned pipe alone can cause your engine to make allot more power. There are also adjustable tuned pipes. They basically allow you to change when the pressure waves are shot back. By moving the clip away from the motor, you cause there to be more low rpm torque, but less high rpm power By moving the clip toward the engine. The pressure waves get to the engine sooner allowing more power to be made at high rpms, which means more speed. Then there is the buku. It has a moving cone held by spring tension.

So you take out that cone or "baffle" as you referred to it you will lose this effect and performance

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the quick heads up, I was pretty sure it was a bad idea but had read it on one thread and thought i'd ask to reconfirm it. thanks again for all the info!!

Members online

Back