4x4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They sure have, I don't know of any particular person at that currently has this set up.

The problem they have is if the rear wheels turn fast it actually gets more clumsy to drive. But if you can get the proportion correct and make the rear not turn as far or maybe as fast it would be a stellar mod. Probably not as durable as the current set up though.

innovative rc makes a kit for this (may be discontinued tho), the only problem with rear steer is you need to limit the amount the rear wheels will turn otherwise it gets harder to control like larson stated.

IMHO:
If you want it to turn sharper, do the steering knucke mod (look in Larsens' sig)
4ws is great at slow speeds, like crawling, but not needed I think on a Sav.

ya on a crawler its great but i think it would be pretty "hairy" driving a savage with 4 wheel steering, maybe not!!:dunno:

has anyone tried four wheel steering on a savage yet

sounds like an interesting project w/c, but I'm wondering how you would plan to run it where that type of steering would be a benefit? it seems that 4-wheel steering would be useable in a low-speed, very tight area application? :dunno:

curious to see how you would set up the linkage or 2nd servo?

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I would run it if I was going down that route would to be to have it on a third channel, to give left, right, or straight ahead. That way you could use it at slow speeds, but not at speed, where it'd be a handfull I reckon...

i had 4 wheel steer on my savage 6x6 but i disabled it ..... was great for low speed.... but once it got up to 15mph or so it got quite hairy.... but sometime i may give it another try with a much shorter servo arm it might help some

Latest posts

Members online

Back