40 Series Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROCKO9865

ARE THE 40 SERIES TIRES HARD ON YOURE SUSPENSION COMPARED TO THE STOCK TIRES. JUST CURIOUS! I BASH NOT RACE!:jamout:

As the side wall has less rubber they will be harder on your suspension as there is less rubber to soak up the shock wave from hard landings..I use my stock wheels for bashing and the 40's for racing and runing in parking lots..

the stress from the weight of 40`s goes further down the drivtrain

your diffs will feel it

your dogbones

clutch shoes

steering servo

etc

bla i been using 40series tires with no issues and i got stock drive train. my diff issues i have were all my fault for not checking the screws. and dogbones haven't broke or bent any. servo is good as long as you have the cam servo saver upgrade.

I run 40 series tires and haven't had any trouble with other parts of my truck because of it. I'm sure the do cause more stress on other parts of the truck. but its nothing that the Savage cant handle.

I ran 40 series on my Savage for almost a year, it had a stock drivetrain, and it also had plastic diff cups, they lasted almost 11gallons.

I didn't see any added wear and tear on the truck, most likely none and if so it is very minimal

I think it is stil a good question on what type of tire is being used. I have 40 series MOAB's and had no trouble with the drivetrain. The only diff I grenaded was 100% my fault and nothing to do with the tires. Even though I have a 5645 steering servo, the tires seemed to add more stress to the servo affecting the turn rate of the truck. I personally would have preferred a servo with a little more torque with 40's. My .02

Tanks For The Feed Back! I'm Running Big Joes And Dish Wheels. I Just Got Done Replaceing My Front Diff With Hardened Steel Gears And Plan On Doing The Back Next Week. Hopefully They Will Last Oh And I Shimmed The Pinion Since I Had It Apart. Should Run Good Now!

sorry guys

the heavier the wheel and tire combo , the more stress there is to everything.

I will stick with that statment

I have ran Big Joes and I have ran crime fighters

the biggest and the smallest, the differrence is huuuuuuuge

Pro-Line Maxx 40 Big Joe Tire All terrain 286g 162 89mm (3-1/2") 111mm (4-3/84") Soft

Pro-Line Crime Fighter MT Tires Racing 139g 145 81mm (3,2") 78mm (3,1") Soft

good luck Rocko

Last edited by a moderator:
You better not run those big joes wit stock diff's. It'll eat em'. Them tires are too heavy for a plastic diff stock drivetrain. Finish upgrading your diff's then you'll be fine. Big Joe's= Big Problems.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back