4.6 spur gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dewie

Now that I have FINALLY got my savage tuned properly I have a spur gear question. I burnt thru 3 plastic spur gears trying to get it tuned right and dealing with some wacky idle issues while the wheels were on the ground.

But now it runs great so I took it out on a gravel road and into the ditch with weeds and short grass and I started hearing a grinding and crunching going on thinking with all the fine dust was playing havoc with it then the spur gear let go AGAIN. I meshed it right so thats not the issue.

Are metal spur gears worth it or will I just shread the plastic gears in the tranny?

theyre worth it so long as you mesh them right.

can you show a pic of your spur gear?

also, check your clutchbell bearings & then your motor mount and plate to make sure nothing is cracked or bent.

basically my spur gear is stripped all the way around it and it is centered in the gear. I have barely driven my car (had alot of tuning issues but it's running good now), but I've used up 4 gears all ready.

I meshed them correctly using the paper and at that time it runs great sounds quite. Do you use the same trick for metasl gears?

I just had my engine out and the mount is fine, how do you check the clutchbell bearing??

Latest posts

Members online

Back