4.6 question. which one do I have?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GT-squared

Hey guys,

I just picked up a used 4.6 to replace my blown 4.1 and I'm having a little trouble. First off, it has a OWB mounted inside behind the backing plate. Is this the "K" model?

Also, my roto-start assembly from my 4.1 does not fit on this model. I've been on the HPI website looking at the parts list for the Savage 4.6SS which has the "K" engine. It had a pull start, so HPI does not list a roto-start unit for it, yet I know the guy had one on there before.

Does anyone have the part number for the rotostart assembly for this engine? Again, I've been searching under the assumption that this is the "K" engine. It also has the mid-range fuel needle on the carb if that helps.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
It does sound like you have the 'k' engine,the owb on the 'f' is a seperate peice.The rotastart is also different-try part no HPI87129.
As far as the 'part number for the assembly of the engine',assuming you mean an engine manual,try the HPI main site,they should have one to download as a PDF.Hope this helps :)

The 87129 was close. That was just the housing however, but the listing right beside it was the 87127 which included the gears as well. That is what I needed.

Thanks for the help. My LHS now has one on order.

Latest posts

Members online

Back